Gorillas are showing signs of learning to talk

I guarantee there are a ton of animals much brighter than our current state of mind, just look at the ant colonies they can feed there entire ant population and not let anyone starve or go homeless in their mounds of underground genius. The humans however.............................

Their systems are certainly better. What would happen in an ant colony or beehive, if all ants just did their own thing? lol. That colony is going down. Their system runs like clockwork, I don't even know if we have a system.

I guarantee there are a ton of animals much brighter than our current state of mind, just look at the ant colonies they can feed there entire ant population and not let anyone starve or go homeless in their mounds of underground genius. The humans however.............................

humans have (de)evolved beyond altruistic goals. mindsets not about saving every individual in society but rather greed.

conflict theory
argues that ppl in society have differing lvls of power and wealth. the unequal distribution is wat keeps society in balance. the more powerful groups use their power in order to exploit groups with less power

She can make a grunt sound lol. Wtf. You Evo-nuts believe anything.

There's a really good documentary on Netflix called "Virunga" about gorillas in the Congo. Park Rangers risk their lives fighting poachers out to kill gorillas.

11181273_ori.jpg

The sooner the better, I think they can do a much better job than the Monkeys running the show now....

It sucks the stupid Onion video is getting so much more attention than the actual article in the OP. I guess it says something about the Mayberry, right now.

It sucks the stupid Onion video is getting so much more attention than the actual article in the OP. I guess it says something about the Mayberry, right now.

The thing can grunt. Anything else about bridging the gap is speculative nonsense.

The thing can grunt. Anything else about bridging the gap is speculative nonsense.

She could make fun of you for not knowing sign language, but no, she's too busy talking about how badly she wants to be a mother. That's a pretty heavy grunt...

She could make fun of you for not knowing sign language, but no, she's too busy talking about how badly she wants to be a mother. That's a pretty heavy grunt...

Isn't that how language started though?

"What is thought, and how do we think? We think with words, that alone is sensual and brings us back to nature. Think Of it! The metaphysician has only the perfected cry of monkeys and dogs with which to construct the system of the world. That which he calls profound speculation and transcendent method is to put end to end in an arbitrary order the natural sounds which cry out hunger, fear, and love in the primitive forests, and to which were attached little by little the meanings which one believed to be abstract, when they were only crude.

Do not fear that the succession of small cries, feeble and stifled, which compose a book of philosophy, will teach us so much regarding the universe, that we can live in it no longer."

-Anatole France

It's theorized we created language after we started singing, and that singing was mimicking the natural sounds in the enviroment. Again, the difference between language and communication should be noted, all animals communicate in various ways, including verbally. I think the biggest difference in language is that it allows for abstract concepts which opens up the floodgates of culture and social construct. This should be incredibly exciting stuff.

EDIT: Nevermind, not worth the potential dubs.

plz consider pm'ing me what you were gonna say, i love humor of all kinds

omg iz dis real!?!?!?!

They should perform this same experiment with the scientists.

That's just mean.

Fvck you humans!

maybe the next test they'll do is first show the gorilla a human putting an animal down with a handgun that had to be put down anyway (euthanasia)

then have that same human and gun (preferably a silver 1911-style) grab their kitty and put the gun to it's head ala sgt barnes in platoon

wonder if they could get the gorilla to plead for the kitty's life. or if the gorilla would prove noble enough to offer itself instead, you know, to see how noble they can be

platoon-barnes-gun.jpg

then later reveal to the gorilla that they were just kidding and wanted to see how it'd react

For as much as we fantasize about alien lifeforms and intelligent life in the universe, we ignore the fact that it's here with us already. We have a role to play, but we are so dismissive and egotistical.

We weren't always the top dog, we have an opportunity to raise others up I think. This could be a key factor in raising us to a Type 1 Civilization.

Last edited:
I've been laughing at that onion video for about three minutes now.

maybe the next test they'll do is first show the gorilla a human putting an animal down with a handgun that had to be put down anyway (euthanasia)

then have that same human and gun (preferably a silver 1911-style) grab their kitty and put the gun to it's head ala sgt barnes in platoon

wonder if they could get the gorilla to plead for the kitty's life. or if the gorilla would prove noble enough to offer itself instead, you know, to see how noble they can be

then later reveal to the gorilla that they were just kidding and wanted to see how it'd react

I think you missed the most important part of that video...

Back