Gorilla Production's Prince Naseem Highlight

MisterT

Tsar
@Brown
Reaction score
I've been searching for this highlight ever since Youtube shut GP's channel down.
Definitely one of GP's best:

Prince was awesome back in the day. I just wish people would take into consideration his problems outside the ring leading up to the Barrera fight.

People acknowledge that Iron Mike wasn't the same without Rooney yet noone talks about Prince splitting from the Ingles, or splitting from Frank Warren, or putting his brother incharge of his career orthe fact that he was barely training....surely these would have prohibited him having a necessary training camp for the legend this is Marco Antonio Barrera.

C'est La vie, to me Prince will always be King

Prince was awesome back in the day. I just wish people would take into consideration his problems outside the ring leading up to the Barrera fight.

People acknowledge that Iron Mike wasn't the same without Rooney yet noone talks about Prince splitting from the Ingles, or splitting from Frank Warren, or putting his brother incharge of his career orthe fact that he was barely training....surely these would have prohibited him having a necessary training camp for the legend this is Marco Antonio Barrera.

C'est La vie, to me Prince will always be King

Agreed. Nas, similar to Tyson, represents immense potential gone wasted through neglect, laziness, and overconfidence. Dude had all the talent in the world but made decisions that prevented him from unlocking his full potential.

Regardless, he generated alot of interest in boxing and manged to shift people's attention to the lower weight classes.

cocky brash arrogant very talented............oh how the mighty have fallen

lol. Have you seen Nas lately? Dude is living it up with his wife in a huge ass mansion in England. Plus, he's still as cocky as ever (check out the interview he gave after attending one of Amir Khan's fights).

He still has his swagger, he still has his money, and (most importantly) he still has all his senses intact.

Now compare him to the countless retired champion boxers who are depressed, broke, and punch drunk and I'd say that Nas came out on top comparatively.

If you have power thats understandable, but with both hands and from any angle, it amazes me.

He was quick to retire after losing to Marco. Not overcoming adversity. That's not the sign of a great champion. Definitely not a Hall of Famer.

BTW great highlight.

he still has his money???? i doubt after those car accidents he still has ALL HIS MONEY......livin it up in a big mansion costs alot just in upkeep alone...first time he didnt have his way with an opponent he ran away from the ring

He was quick to retire after losing to Marco. Not overcoming adversity. That's not the sign of a great champion. Definitely not a Hall of Famer.

BTW great highlight.

World Champion from 1995 - 2001, defended his WBO belt 15 times, also won the IBF and WBC belts, defended the lineal championship 5 times. Would have been the first man to hold all the big four belts(beating Bernard Hopkins) at the same time but the WBA champion he fought and beat got stripped of his belt.

For 6 years he held atleast 1 major belt. All this before he retired at the age of 28...IMO that is hall of fame worthy...

One of the greatest featherweights ever

All the talent in the world and such an exciting fighter.

Should have never left the Ingles and things went to his head.

Then Barerra stole his soul.

Saw him get interviewed not to long ago. Maybe last year. He said hand injuries were beginning to hamper his training and they were a mess after fights and this played a role in his retirement. With the way he hit I can believe it.

Its hard to tell with Nas though whats honest truth and what isn't.

World Champion from 1995 - 2001, defended his WBO belt 15 times, also won the IBF and WBC belts, defended the lineal championship 5 times. Would have been the first man to hold all the big four belts(beating Bernard Hopkins) at the same time but the WBA champion he fought and beat got stripped of his belt.

For 6 years he held atleast 1 major belt. All this before he retired at the age of 28...IMO that is hall of fame worthy...

One of the greatest featherweights ever

Agreed. The most exciting fighter (for the lighter weight classes) ever.

british people are always so quick to defend his hall of fame status. i cannot name one single person he beat. he beat ZERO big names then got whuped by barrera and quit. how the fuck is that a hall of famer?

british people are always so quick to defend his hall of fame status. i cannot name one single person he beat. he beat ZERO big names then got whuped by barrera and quit. how the fuck is that a hall of famer?

name a legend Tyson beat, how is he a hall of famer?

BTW great highlight.

very ture he was still young when he hanged them up too

Back