Gorgeous (I mean nearly flawless) actresses whose careers never really took off

The brunette from Mulholland Drive. I always thought she was a smoke show, but the only other thing I remembered seeing her in was John Q.

800full-laura-harring.jpg

Mena Suvari
latest

after American Beauty, she pretty much disappeared

Yeh, these two dropped off the map. Not even given guest role appearances.

Gina Gershon is another one who comes to mind, but she still did lots of appearances, and guest roles.

Honorable mention: Candace Kroslak buck naked in crowd in the open in American Pie Naked Mile.

i was gonna say phoebe cates but saw her mentioned. i believe she pretty much left on her own

danielle fishel. topanga is perfection.

She's not done badly of course but I was half expecting Amanda Seyfried you become a Portman/Johansson level star in the late 00's, not just "sherdog sexy" but that kind of classic Hollywood beauty they have combined with actually having acting talent. Mamma Mai you could argue typecast her for comedies I spose whilst Chloe the following year flopped when it could potentially have lanched her.

Last edited:
Prime/Wild Things Denise Richards imo is the hottest chick to ever exist. downloadfile.jpg eb703b9c96c836691ee175105686b39d--denise-richards-movie-photo.jpg Pic removed my bad Denise-Richards-Wild-Things.JPG

Attachments

• dfd7d85268e6b935e0848cb6caff5510.jpg
    dfd7d85268e6b935e0848cb6caff5510.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Julianna Guill from the last Friday the 13th remake was also unbelievably hot.julianna-guill-friday-the-13th-2009-BX5T44.jpg downloadfile-1.jpg

She's not done badly of course but I was half expecting Amanda Seyfried you become a Portman/Johansson level star in the late 00's, not just "sherdog sexy" but that kind of classic hollywood beatify they have combined with actually having acting talent. Mamma Mai you could argue typecast her for comedies I spose whilst Chloe the following year flopped when it could potentially have lanched her.
I agree with Seyfried, she's drop dead gorgeous. Fuckin Justin Long ruined her.

Seyfried? She has a frog face with bulging eyes lol.

What about Lacey Charbet? And that Tractenberg chick from Euro Trip?

If you want to be an actress, you need to be able to act. These actresses are examples of how far beauty can carry them, but to stay in the game, they need to be at least competent at acting or else there will be younger prettier hopefuls coming along all the time.
I would even go so far as to say beauty is probably a hindrance to a "real actress" ... not only are you typecast but as the looks go with age, a big part of your marketablility goes too.

It's probably better to be cute than beautiful as far as the variety of roles and length of career goes. A cute actress doesn't have as far to fall as a beautiful one.

Seyfried? She has a frog face with bulging eyes lol.

What about Lacey Charbet? And that Tractenberg chick from Euro Trip?

I think Chabert is really religious. She does a bunch of those shitty Hallmark movies every year.

Back