Goran Reljic Resurfaces...

MotorcycleMir

Blue Belt
Reaction score
... as a contender. According to the updated sherdog rankings, Goran Reljic is now a "contender" in the LHW division lol: http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/3/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-90093. Did anyone else catch this? :icon_lol:

Cummins, Latifi, Shogun, and Little Nog apparently don't make the cut but Reljic does? Is this a joke or just a mistake? I know LHW is arguably the thinnest division in mma right now (only rivaled by bantamweight and flyweight) but has it really gotten this bad?

I don't see any of those guys diving into the water to save people in a car sinking in the lake.

When it comes to being a hero and throwing left crosses and head kicks until they land, goran is the #1 contender of all time.

... as a contender. According to the updated sherdog rankings, Goran Reljic is now a "contender" in the LHW division lol: http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/3/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-90093. Did anyone else catch this? :icon_lol:

Cummins, Latifi, Shogun, and Little Nog apparently don't make the cut but Reljic does? Is this a joke or just a mistake? I know LHW is arguably the thinnest division in mma right now (only rivaled by bantamweight and flyweight) but has it really gotten this bad?

I saw this and wondered too. Possibly because of his win over V

Have you been paying attention to Goran lately? He's won 7 of his last 8 since leaving the UFC against solid if unspectacular European fighters.

And you're talkin about the 'contender' section. Thats the 'These guys have also been doin ok lately.'

How did he look against Jan Blachowicz? I saw he lost a decision but was it close? that might give us an idea of where he would be in the UFC his second time around

Have you been paying attention to Goran lately? He's won 7 of his last 8 since leaving the UFC against solid if unspectacular European fighters.

And you're talkin about the 'contender' section. Thats the 'These guys have also been doin ok lately.'

Hans Stringer is 12-3-2 in his last 16 fights against solid if unspectacular European fighters (aka guys with no wikipedia pages who no one has or ever will hear of); should he be a contender too?

And it's not like Goran has been some mainstay who has quietly clung on the contenders list; he just appeared on there now meaning someone consciously put him there.

Good to hear he's doing well.

That fight with Gouveia was the sheeeeet.

6-seconds-worth-of-sheeeet.jpg

He's done well lately, I don't really care that he's put in the contenders section. Good for him he won the KSW belt, it's not like they put him top 10. Like you said LHW, HW, FLY, and BW are terrible. Well I think you left out HW but yeah.

Hans Stringer is 12-3-2 in his last 16 fights against solid if unspectacular European fighters (aka guys with no wikipedia pages who no one has or ever will hear of); should he be a contender too?

And it's not like Goran has been some mainstay who has quietly clung on the contenders list; he just appeared on there now meaning someone consciously put him there.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/light-heavyweight-185-205-lbs/

They got him at 18 so its not a complete stretch

I was JUST about to make a thread asking "Where is Goran Reljic??"

Hans has lost his two fights by TKO. Goran has won his last four in a row. The comparison isn't quite right. But its the 'Contenders' section so its all a big crap shoot. You could throw in almost any combo of 11-20 ranked LHW fighters.

Back