Elections GOP war on voter fraud

IGIT

Silver Belt
Reaction score
hi everyone,

from NPR;

After high turnout in last year's midterm elections propelled Democrats to a new House majority and big gains in the states, several Republican-controlled state legislatures are attempting to change voting-related rules in ways that might reduce future voter turnout.

In Texas, state lawmakers are considering adding criminal penalties for people who improperly fill out voter registration forms. Arizona Republicans are proposing new voting rules that could make it more complicated to cast an early ballot. In Tennessee, GOP lawmakers are considering a bill that would fine groups involved in voter registration drives that submit incomplete forms.

Republican lawmakers in those states say new laws are needed to maintain the integrity of voter rolls and prevent fraud.
https://www.npr.org/2019/04/22/7149...republican-run-states-eye-new-curbs-on-voting

if you live in certain states (like i do in North Carolina), you've lived with the yearly efforts of the GOP state legislatures make in the name of "voter fraud prevention"...efforts that routinely get overturned in Federal Court.

meanwhile...

The now-disbanded voting integrity commission launched by the Trump administration uncovered no evidence to support claims of widespread voter fraud, according to an analysis of administration documents released Friday.
https://www.apnews.com/f5f6a73b2af546ee97816bb35e82c18d

so, what do you think, War Room folk?

does this fall under the auspices of "politics is a rough business" or it is a violation of the 15th amendment?

- IGIT

In Texas, state lawmakers are considering adding criminal penalties for people who improperly fill out voter registration forms. Arizona Republicans are proposing new voting rules that could make it more complicated to cast an early ballot. In Tennessee, GOP lawmakers are considering a bill that would fine groups involved in voter registration drives that submit incomplete forms.
I'm sure those penalties won't be selectively enforced in districts with disproportional minority populations.
{<jordan}

<2>

hi everyone,

from NPR;

After high turnout in last year's midterm elections propelled Democrats to a new House majority and big gains in the states, several Republican-controlled state legislatures are attempting to change voting-related rules in ways that might reduce future voter turnout.

Republican lawmakers in those states say new laws are needed to maintain the integrity of voter rolls and prevent fraud.
https://www.npr.org/2019/04/22/7149...republican-run-states-eye-new-curbs-on-voting

if you live in certain states (like i do in North Carolina), you've lived with the yearly efforts of the GOP state legislatures make in the name of "voter fraud prevention"...efforts that routinely get overturned in Federal Court.

meanwhile...

The now-disbanded voting integrity commission launched by the Trump administration uncovered no evidence to support claims of widespread voter fraud, according to an analysis of administration documents released Friday.
https://www.apnews.com/f5f6a73b2af546ee97816bb35e82c18d

so, what do you think, War Room folk?

does this fall under the auspices of "politics is a rough business" or it is a violation of the 15th amendment?

- IGIT
It's absolutely unacceptable.

The fact that a bunch of people support it and believe there is widespread voter fraud despite all evidence to the contrary is terrifying.

It's amazing how bumfuckingly stupid the Texas legislature is. And that's when the fuckers are even in the chamber, and not having their views ghost voted in absentia.

Aren't the GOP the ones responsible for the actual voter fraud? Like when they were pre-filling absentee ballots?

Last edited:
Aren't the GOP the ones reaponsibre for the actual voter fraud? Like when they were pre-filling absentee ballots?

hi skold,

yup. it happened here in North Carolina 9th district. a huge pie in the face of the state GOP. they're redoing the election.

- IGIT

When you can't win on merit and policy your only option is to use these tactics to try to cheat the system. It happens from the right every election cycle.

Tells you something about their policy and merit.

Prophylactic measures. Integrity of Texas can't be compromised.

Last edited:
The GOP wants as few Americans as possible engaged in the political process. Because they know that their policies are not supported by a majority of the nation's citizens.

The truth is, the right considers actual democracy a threat. But they have kept that position under wraps in the public discourse for decades. Now, however, a lot of younger members of the new alternative right movement are upfront and vocal about this anti-democratic conviction. And that's good news. As sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Yup because if we learned anything from the Mueller Report, the biggest danger to our democracy is from voter fraud.

Beautiful. Socal and Texas have been hotbeds for widespread illegal voting fraud committed by illegals for the longest time.

No more.

The GOP wants as few illegal Americans as possible engaged in the political process. Because they know that their policies are not supported by a majority of the nation's citizens.

The truth is, the right considers actual democracy a threat. But they have kept that position under wraps in the public discourse for decades. Now, however, a lot of younger members of the new alternative right movement are upfront and vocal about this anti-democratic conviction. And that's good news. As sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Fixed.

It's absolutely unacceptable.

The fact that a bunch of people support it and believe there is widespread voter fraud despite all evidence to the contrary is terrifying.

There is widespread fraud.

I wonder what they define as "improper" in filling out your ballot.

For instance, in my district, there were a number of candidates that ran unopposed. Therefore, I did not fill out those sections of my ballot.

Will my ballot be deemed "improper" or "incomplete"?

On that note, how will they even know that ballot is mine? I assumed they are held in secret.

no evidence to support claims of widespread voter fraud,
Hola IGIT,

Its hard to find evidence when states refuse to cooperate with the investigation.

-Mr Holmes

Beautiful. Socal and Texas have been hotbeds for widespread illegal voting fraud committed by illegals for the longest time.

No more.

I'm sure you have many sources for this widespread fraud. Tell us more.

Back