Social GOP Rep. Steve King: Says humanity wouldn't exist if it weren't for rape and incest.

Yeah this is the retard element of the GOP poking its head out. Just stfu King - there is no justification for forcing a woman to bear a rapists baby. What he is actually saying is irrelevant to the argument. I’m sure humanity will hum along just fine without rape and incest, regardless of the world’s history.

Yeah this is the retard element of the GOP poking its head out. Just stfu King - there is no justification for forcing a woman to bear a rapists baby. What he is actually saying is irrelevant to the argument. I’m sure humanity will hum along just fine without rape and incest, regardless of the world’s history.

You know laws have been passed requiring that right? That's a mainstream GOP thing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...near-total-ban-today-live-updates-2019-05-15/

So a male who wants to pass on his genes can be confident of succeeding via rape if people like Steven King have their way.

LMAO. I think if you polled 100 rapists Family Feud-style, I don't think the "I wanted to pass on my genes" answer would be on the board.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending his idiotic statement. I just don't think refusing to abort rape babies is supporting rape.

He's wrong obviously.

Humanity would certainly exist if it weren't for rape and incest. Shit, it might even be better off. That's just a dumb argument for being against abortion exceptions. We can't allow any abortion exceptions because people have always raped and committed incest and the women of those times carried those children to birth (ignoring that many of those women aborted those pregnancies, killed those children or killed themselves but hey why does that matter...).

But the real problem here is the selectivity of the argument. Because if he's right...why do we criminalize rape and incest at all? Shouldn't we consider that a normal and natural thing and not punish people for something so essential to humanity's survival?

Shouldn't he doubt the genetic history of humankind as it is? He's a religious wackjob, after all.

Or is he simply coming at us from a "Well, Noah had to fuck his daughters forcefully, Yahweh wanted it after fucking up and making an evil species." angle????

I think his position is more honestly akin to "Well, Noah got to fuck his daughters forcefully, Yahweh wanted it after fucking up and making an evil species."

Every successful species is build on a foundation of some pretty heinous stuff. But we're in the evolutionary penthouse now, we don't need to still be laying brick.

He's wrong obviously.

Humanity would certainly exist if it weren't for rape and incest. Shit, it might even be better off. That's just a dumb argument for being against abortion exceptions. We can't allow any abortion exceptions because people have always raped and committed incest and the women of those times carried those children to birth (ignoring that many of those women aborted those pregnancies, killed those children or killed themselves but hey why does that matter...).

But the real problem here is the selectivity of the argument. Because if he's right...why do we criminalize rape and incest at all? Shouldn't we consider that a normal and natural thing and not punish people for something so essential to humanity's survival?

According to DNA, all humans are descended from one female. The guy might be crazy but he might be right.

According to DNA, all humans are descended from one female. The guy might be crazy but he might be right.

Uh, I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of mitochondrial eve.

Mitochondrial eve is the common ancestor of all humans matrilineally, NOT the only woman alive at the time. At our lowest point, humans were reduced to a population of tens of thousands. Were we reduced to a single woman, we would have long since went extinct.

You could try reading an anthropological work and see if your ideas about the prehistory and hunter gatherers are accurate. You could also get your information from the Flintstones, your pick really.
I dont know what all this hocus pocus mumbo jumbo is supposed to mean. Keep your fantasy drivel to yourself.

GOP, folks.

This guy just got re-elected.

I can acknowledge that rape and incest are things that have always happened. That's not where he goes off the rails. He goes off the rails by using it as a justification for not allowing women to abort the children who come from those circumstances.

First, he ignores that women have been aborting those children or outright killing them for all of humanity. Rape, incest, abortion - all part of the fabric of humanity that he's extolling. He cannot say 'Rape and incest are normal but abortion isn't."

Second, if his reason for not allowing women to abort the products of rape and incestuous unions because rape and incest are a necessary part of humanity then there is no argument for criminalizing the rape and incest. If the argument is that we don't want people committing rape and incest, how then can we argue that women who have been the victim of rape and incest should be forced to abide by the actions of the criminal?

Uh, I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of mitochondrial eve.

Mitochondrial eve is the common ancestor of all humans matrilineally, NOT the only woman alive at the time. At our lowest point, humans were reduced to a population of tens of thousands. Were we reduced to a single woman, we would have long since went extinct.

Does that mean that all the other branches from the hundreds of other women alive at the time died out for one reason or another?

Does that mean that all the other branches from the hundreds of other women alive at the time died out for one reason or another?

Not necessarily, mitochondrial eve is just the only one that we can go back to in an unbroken line matrilineally.

The women around her could have had sons (breaking the mitochondrial link), children that eventually died without progeny (or whose descendants did) or even no children at all.

Y-Chromosome Adam is the same principle. Since the Y chromosome is passed from father to son, Y-Chromosome Adam is the earliest common ancestor of humanity in an unbroken patrilineal line. It's more about the lineage than it is the time, so to speak. That is to say biological Adam and Eve were almost certainly single celled organisms with no resemblance to modern day humanity.

I can acknowledge that rape and incest are things that have always happened. That's not where he goes off the rails. He goes off the rails by using it as a justification for not allowing women to abort the children who come from those circumstances.

First, he ignores that women have been aborting those children or outright killing them for all of humanity. Rape, incest, abortion - all part of the fabric of humanity that he's extolling. He cannot say 'Rape and incest are normal but abortion isn't."

Second, if his reason for not allowing women to abort the products of rape and incestuous unions because rape and incest are a necessary part of humanity then there is no argument for criminalizing the rape and incest. If the argument is that we don't want people committing rape and incest, how then can we argue that women who have been the victim of rape and incest should be forced to abide by the actions of the criminal?

I don't see how the argument that rape should then be legal logically follows.

The idea is that the child born through rape isn't guilty of the sin

"It's not the baby's fault for the sin of the father, or of the mother"

Viewing rape as a sin is not at odds with this view.

But but they tell me I’m mentally ill because I want my neighbor to have healthcare

When Jesus said love thy neighbor he meant sexually, and only if they're your sister of child bearing age.

Aren't like 8% of people in East Asia related to Ghengis Khan, that notorious procurer of consensual sexual relations?

The retard thing about his position is that as said before is seen through the rose colored lenses of a man but also the progress we’ve made allowing women to have rights just like every male trying to impose them in the first place.

Just because people did stupid shit back a few centuries ago doesn’t make it right today.

How does this ancient fuck stain get elected into office 5 times?
Fixed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back