Social GOP Rep. Steve King: Says humanity wouldn't exist if it weren't for rape and incest.

So he's asking a rhetorical question about how many people would be alive today if all the people that resulted in raping, pillaging, etc throughout human history didn't exist (and thus didn't reproduce themselves), as part of his justification to prevent aborting said people today.

"It's not the baby's fault for the sin of the father, or of the mother"

There is certainly a point mixed in there, but crude way to put it really.

lol Iowa must be filled with idiots

I don't understand the rationale for being pro-life and assumedly believing a fetus is a 'life' but allowing exemption for rape but not other emotional based distress due to pregnancy.
Yeah, it's incoherent.

Yeah, it's incoherent.

I'm not a huge fan of Philosophy Tube, as I just find the guy a tad annoying in his personas over the long form, but I think his assessment of the pro life position, at least in the way Ben Shapiro and many display it, was spot on, especially regarding the "You can't just kill a baby for convenience." argument.

I am fully willing to concede the moral argument against abortion, all life is precious.

My problem is that advocates for anti-abortion DO NOT EVER apply this standard to literally ANYTHING ELSE.

They want every child to be born then don't want to provide any support when the parent(s) can't afford the children. They don't want to fund education or health care.

If you actually believe in the Bible and the Adam and Eve origin story, then all humans are a product of incest.

Doesnt the rest of the animal kingdom kind of get down that way? I've a funny feeling ancient mans morals were a little different than ours.
You could try reading an anthropological work and see if your ideas about the prehistory and hunter gatherers are accurate. You could also get your information from the Flintstones, your pick really.

I'm not a huge fan of Philosophy Tube, as I just find the guy a tad annoying in his personas over the long form, but I think his assessment of the pro life position, at least in the way Ben Shapiro and many display it, was spot on, especially regarding the "You can't just kill a baby for convenience." argument.

38 min video bruh, cliffs?

Don’t wanna jump the gun here but I’m starting to think this Steve King guy might be bad

Yeah, it's incoherent.
My reasoning for the exemption for rape is picking the least worst option , when all options are bad. The abortion would happen quite early on in the pregnancy though.

So lots of people say that GOP comment is retard.

Well I am waiting then for explanation from those experts other than calling guy lunatic.

My reasoning for the exemption for rape is picking the least worst option , when all options are bad. The abortion would happen quite early on in the pregnancy though.
I was only saying it's incoherent if you're going with the "life begins at conception" view. In that case, abortion is murder regardless of how the sperm met the egg.

If you're more agnostic on when "life" begins, the criticism doesn't apply.

Don’t wanna jump the gun here but I’m starting to think this Steve King guy might be bad

Whoa now let's not be hasty. Let's give him a few more terms and see how it plays out.

Wouldnt want a Democrat in there. They are crazy.

According to King most people in his district support his views.

"I share beliefs with a super-majority of this 4th Congressional District as reflected by election results going all the way back to 2002," King said in a recent interview with the Des Moines Register. "They know I haven’t changed."

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...blican-registration-scholten-vote/1845327002/
That doesn't say much for Iowa. Of course we will see the next time this tool is up for reelection.

I was only saying it's incoherent if you're going with the "life begins at conception" view. In that case, abortion is murder regardless of how the sperm met the egg.

If you're more agnostic on when "life" begins, the criticism doesn't apply.
Yeah I am more in the later category. I think it is immoral when the foetus has developed nerve endings, heart and brain. I believe a foetus feels pain at 27 weeks, but the aforementioned organs and nervous system develop well before that.

Back