Economy GOP back to Inflation worries. "Hyperinflation" (Update: 2022 Inflation Highest in 40 Years)

Absolutely brutal numbers today for earnings from many companies.

Though McDonalds reporting increased earnings (since most people cannot eat at other chains due to being too expensive), low income families cannot afford combo meals. Overall though, it is still DOWN from last year.

Not to tip my own hat, but I have said for years, even on sherdog that McDonalds is a great stock. Today their stock had a good jump.

From 2019

McDonalds is my favorite stock. Bless.

I eat there about once a year tho lol.

Just look at the top paying dividend stocks, such as Johnson and Johnson, McDonalds, Apple, etc.. then follow them for a while. Look at their 52 week history and 5 year. Look at when they hit a cyclical dip, then just put in some money for the long term.

For instance, McDonalds is at a cyclical low right NOW, and it is a good time to buy.

Absolutely brutal numbers today for earnings from many companies.

Though McDonalds reporting increased earnings (since most people cannot eat at other chains due to being too expensive), low income families cannot afford combo meals. Overall though, it is still DOWN from last year.

Not to tip my own hat, but I have said for years, even on sherdog that McDonalds is a great stock. Today their stock had a good jump.

From 2019

I can't wait to see how they spin things.

This pretend inflation is sure expensive
They just said everything is slowing and inflation is still high so let's raise rates .75. They don't think we're in a recession. Haha they don't think? After looking at everything they just said, they don't think?
They can try and fool everyone but we are the ones that feel all this shit.

the admin keeps bragging about bringing gas prices down like 30-40 cents. Well reality is they gonna have to stop draining the strategic reserves at some point or run out, while will happen before November at this rate. They really don’t have any back up plan either.

How do all these career state department people from the Obama admin have now idea what to do right now? It is amazing to see.

the admin keeps bragging about bringing gas prices down like 30-40 cents. Well reality is they gonna have to stop draining the strategic reserves at some point or run out, while will happen before November at this rate. They really don’t have any back up plan either.

How do all these career state department people from the Obama admin have now idea what to do right now? It is amazing to see.

Stop defending Putins strategic reserve

Lol people are being played if they think he's going to forgive school debt.

Elections are coming up, quick dangle the baitbof debt forgiveness again

images

Some bullish news today.

Core PCE was forecasted at 4.7% but came in at 4.6%. A good sign.

If anyone actually believes that hyperinflation is coming, there are ways to position yourself to profit off it. You can actually make a real killing if you're right. But no one's doing that because it's not a real belief, in the sense of something that people actually think reflects reality.
Always one of my favorite posts

Always one of my favorite posts

Same point applies, and no one is actually putting their money where their mouth is. Shit, you won't even make a sig bet against 6% while you dishonestly claim to believe that it's going to keep going up. :)

Same point applies, and no one is actually putting their money where their mouth is. Shit, you won't even make a sig bet against 6% while you dishonestly claim to believe that it's going to keep going up. :)
I put my money where it was and won.

The reason I’m not 100% confident on 6% in 12 months is that JP May blow the entire economy up and I’m not 100% sure how that would impact prices.

I put my money where it was and won.

How did you put your money on hyperinflation and not get wiped out?

The reason I’m not 100% confident on 6% in 12 months is that JP May blow the entire economy up and I’m not 100% sure how that would impact prices.

The Fed has been tightening already. It is part of their job to control inflation. Also, it wasn't that long ago when Republican strategists were trying to put the message out there to claim that there's *already* a recession (which led to a thread where Republican posters falsely claimed that the administration changed the definition of a recession--and none of the participants corrected that when it was proved wrong). Anyway, if you want to put some kind of escape hatch in, I'm game.

I would say it’s teetering on the edge. JP can’t raise rates too high so I’m not 100% sure where it goes.

I would say it’s teetering on the edge. JP can’t raise rates too high so I’m not 100% sure where it goes.

He won't have a choice. Where the 3 month T-bill yield goes, the Fed funds rate shall follow.
Contrary to popular belief the Fed doesn't set rates, the bond market does and the Fed follows.

Back