Economy GOP back to Inflation worries. "Hyperinflation" (Update: 2022 Inflation Highest in 40 Years)

How does she still have a job? The are predicting US economy will shrink again for Q2 when the numbers are released, meaning we are in a recession already.

Q2 numbers will be released Thursday

you act as if the interests of the American people are a part of her focus in her role.

While we’re already, and have been, in a recession — it will be shorter than previous ones. Summer 2023 looking bullish AF

Here we go! Its not a recession even know this always indicates a recession.

<SelenaWow>
what a totally new phenomenon

oh, no wait it isn’t, it’s been a definition for decades:
In a 1974 The New York Times article, Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor Statistics Julius Shiskin suggested several rules of thumb for defining a recession, one of which was two consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth.[6] In time, the other rules of thumb were forgotten.
You really need to learn how to use the internet instead of just blindly following what some idiot on twitter is saying

Oh but wait definitions differ!! What a shocker!!
In the United Kingdom, recessions are generally defined as two consecutive quarters of negative economic growth, as measured by the seasonal adjusted quarter-on-quarter figures for real GDP.[4][5] The European Union does not use this definition, instead using a range of other criteria such as employment rate and the depth of decline in economic activity.[8]

But there is more

In April 2009, IMF had changed their Global recession definition to:

• A decline in annual per‑capita real World GDP (purchasing power parity weighted), backed up by a decline or worsening for one or more of the seven other global macroeconomic indicators: Industrial production, trade, capital flows, oil consumption, unemployment rate, per‑capita investment, and per‑capita consumption.[77][78]
It was also changed in 2009!!

Here we go! Its not a recession even know this always indicates a recession.

Lol even the langugage they used. They cant deny the masses of society and as we all learned for those of who were in business school. Heck even non business/finance/accountant/econ majors often know this.

But there is more

In April 2009, IMF had changed their Global recession definition to:

• A decline in annual per‑capita real World GDP (purchasing power parity weighted), backed up by a decline or worsening for one or more of the seven other global macroeconomic indicators: Industrial production, trade, capital flows, oil consumption, unemployment rate, per‑capita investment, and per‑capita consumption.[77][78]
It was also changed in 2009!!

This shows the joke. Because by the IMF new definition its all subjective

What is a woman?
What is a recession?

Answer: anything we say it is.

The definition

<SelenaWow>
what a totally new phenomenon

oh, no wait it isn’t, it’s been a definition for decades:
In a 1974 The New York Times article, Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor Statistics Julius Shiskin suggested several rules of thumb for defining a recession, one of which was two consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth.[6] In time, the other rules of thumb were forgotten.
You really need to learn how to use the internet instead of just blindly following what some idiot on twitter is saying
Umm this is the definition right here.

You really need to stop taking your information from random tweets lol

GENERALLY identified
Yeah whatever. We have 31 TRILLION in debt and I know you don't understand any of this because you're not American. Maybe you should stay in your lane? What happens to that debt when the fed raises rates? It costs more to service that debt.
Layoffs have started and the markets are trying everything they can to stay afloat. I have a large investment in this market so it's not like I want it to fail. But the writing is on the wall.
Sure, we'll play more games like inflation is transitory and the get saying they're going to raise rates 1 point then they will cut to .75 and markets will rally as they play this game. But in time, it will all fall.
We'll see who's right.

Yeah whatever. We have 31 TRILLION in debt and I know you don't understand any of this because you're not American. Maybe you should stay in your lane? What happens to that debt when the fed raises rates? It costs more to service that debt.
Layoffs have started and the markets are trying everything they can to stay afloat. I have a large investment in this market so it's not like I want it to fail. But the writing is on the wall.
Sure, we'll play more games like inflation is transitory and the get saying they're going to raise rates 1 point then they will cut to .75 and markets will rally as they play this game. But in time, it will all fall.
We'll see who's right.

I don't even know what it all means anymore to be honest. It's all just financial engineering and manipulation. It's not real.

There is a ton of debt worldwide. The Fed can't let it all collapse so they will eventually just start another QE cycle and buy up everything from not only the US but foreign markets and inject money into the system.

If the FED and other central.banks just kept raising rates the financial system would break.

We'll see who's right.
lol you always with the “stay in your lane shit”. You should’ve kept that energy when you were sharing fake news about farmer protests in the Netherlands. And “whatever” is your way of conceding? This “changing the meaning of things” conspiracy you’re trying to push just isn’t the gotcha you think it is. Economics is not like an exact science or something (though some of them think it is lol). And if you’re so concerned with a coming recession, what you shouldn’t do is scream from the top of the building WE ARE IN A RECESSION, cause that will only amplify the self fulfilling prophecy mechanisms behind a recession. Why do you think they are being careful with calling out an recession? It’s not some evil sinister conspiracy, I can tell you that.

Man I don't think so. The media will shill like always and the sheep with argue what a recession is.

Perhaps, but unlike a lot of other shit they try to play around with and spin, all the people know is "I'm broke, motherfucker. Can't afford shit, and it's your fuckin' fault, you absolute morons!"

So good luck to them in redefining what a "recession" is, like it matters. I'm sure it will make people see imaginary dollars in their wallets...

Perhaps, but unlike a lot of other shit they try to play around with and spin, all the people know is "I'm broke, motherfucker. Can't afford shit, and it's your fuckin' fault, you absolute morons!"

So good luck to them in redefining what a "recession" is, like it matters. I'm sure it will make people see imaginary dollars in their wallets...
It does matter, cause group psychology is a huge factor in economics. You want people that do have money to spend it, to keep the economy working. You know what keeps people from spending money? Talking about that there is a recession. So, obviously they are gonna wait till the last moment to call out a recession and when they do, try to temper expectations.

Back