Goose egg on head...how long before swelling goes down?

beeran1

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Embarrassing to even make this post, but I caught a hard knee right above my eyebrow tonight at class, and it immediately swelled up into a big ol' bump. I've been icing the hell out of it and it has gone down a little bit.

As luck would have it, I have a big presentation at work on Tuesday and I'm hoping not to have to do it while looking like an alien. Any estimates?

Everyone is different. If you are fair skinned and bruise like a peach, as I do, then it will take a little while but if you ice it every night I would imagine that it will just be a bruise by the end of the weekend.

If you don't bruise easily then I should imagine that with regular icing it should be just about gone by tuesday. It also depends on how bad this "goose egg" is. Are we talking golf ball on your forehead or small bump above your eye?

Keep icing, I'm not very knowledgeable on this subject, but I would expect bruising.

I had the same thing happen to me a couple weeks back when I was rolling and my partner accidentally kneed me in the head. I had to walk around school all week with a gnarly purple bruise above my left eye. I definetly got a lot of questions from the teachers.

If you don't bruise easily then I should imagine that with regular icing it should be just about gone by tuesday. It also depends on how bad this "goose egg" is. Are we talking golf ball on your forehead or small bump above your eye?

Started out like a golf ball, now it's more of a noticeable raised bump. It's gone down quite a bit by now.

Back