Google's Fiber Tests Shows Insane Benchmarks Looks Great For Gaming!

Google_Fiber_speed_test.jpg

Nearly one gig upstream and one gig downstream impressive. They are going to be running ads about net neutrality and limits that people like Comcast/Verizon seem to be imposing at least according to them. Its not cheap but I would drop my comcast and just run this and Netflix's only. I almost never watch regular TV anymore mostly just for news. The upstream thing is what is most amazing to me its even faster then downstream?

http://www.cnet.com/news/google-offers-best-argument-for-broadband-competition/?ttag=fbwl

Issues that need to be addressed to bring Fiber to an area not very easy.

https://static.googleusercontent.co...out/files/googlefibercitychecklist2-24-14.pdf

Not sure if you're aware of the difference between MB (Megabytes) and Mb (Megabits). This is awesome speed but it is not nearly 1 Gig download/upload. It's roughly 106 MB download and 116 MB upload. A Mb is only 1/8 of a MB. I used to get the two confused and would wonder why I was paying for 15 Mb internet and only getting download speeds of 1-2 MB/sec.

Unless you meant 1 Gigabit and not 1 Gigabyte. :icon_chee

Not sure if you're aware of the difference between MB (Megabytes) and Mb (Megabits). This is awesome speed but it is not nearly 1 Gig download/upload. It's roughly 106 MB download and 116 MB upload. A Mb is only 1/8 of a MB. I used to get the two confused and would wonder why I was paying for 15 Mb internet and only getting download speeds of 1-2 MB/sec.

1 Gb is stil pretty damn fast.

I remember as a kid how I'd be "stoked" when I could get an MP3 going at 5 KBps. :icon_chee

I know its one gigabit speed but still 10 times faster then my 100 dollar a month internet connection and that's downstream only upstream its like 100 times faster. If I have to drop my cable TV to afford it I would to get that speed. Even in real world terms its way faster then my cable internet connection.

I have Google Fiber and I must say it's amazing in every aspect

Google wants to bring it here to Portland Oregon but i'm sure the dip shits here will pass on it

If google or verizon or any company brought fiber to the house with anywhere near a 1gb up/down speed to my house I would jump all over it. In the meantime, comcast is doing a decent job. I pay 150$ after taxes and expenses for triple play with free upgrade to 105 speed tier.

3525091570.png

I know its one gigabit speed but still 10 times faster then my 100 dollar a month internet connection and that's downstream only upstream its like 100 times faster. If I have to drop my cable TV to afford it I would to get that speed. Even in real world terms its way faster then my cable internet connection.

70$ a month?

Back