Social Google Labels Pro-Life Film ‘Unplanned’ as ‘Propaganda,’ Quickly Backs Down After Backlash

I think when people hear “propaganda” they think state run. It may be propaganda, but it is privately made propaganda. There is a difference.

Sure it should be. That’s just the definition of the word. People shouldn’t get insulted when words are used in accordance with their definitions.

No. Not staying up tonight. Should be good fights, though.

But those others weren't labeled propaganda, that's the point.

The bigger problem is the shallow, superficial society that thinks meaning exists on the surface with just dumbass labels.

<[analyzed}>

Triumph of the Will is definitely a piece of history that should be studied, and like others have said, I wouldn't be surprised if this anti-abortion film is a deliberately misleading film, but it has every right to push its agenda along with all the other movies that hold a bias, doesn't it? And according to postmodernist theory, since that is guiding philosophical platform for contemporary leftists, isn't that....everything?

Yes, yes it is. That's literally what postermodernism teaches. Every book, poem, work of art, and piece of journalism, whether it is an editorial or not, reflects the bias/identity of its author. Ergo, everything is propaganda.

You checkmated yourself, libs. Now put Alex Jones back on.

This is my trouble with being an artist. One has to be subjective. It is a requirement. One has to take the entire world and slice one part of it and go with it. I have problems doing that. Subjectivity is important for those reasons though too. Steve Jobs talked about this with simplicity. You have to say no to things and when you say no you are selecting one thing over another. Decision making is actually what I have a problem with. The word "decision" means something like "cut off". Subjectivity is cutting off the rest of the world, taking one piece and doing something bad or good with it. Jobs actually learned this through art. To decide is to be subjective.

The Latin of the word decision literally means, “to cut off.” Making a decision is about “cutting off” choices – cutting you off from some other course of action.

It just is really unnerving how much power google has over our lives now. Its almost like we are living in a mundane version of Shadowrun and the Corps are becoming the new governments.

https://www.westernjournal.com/goog...TedkdqHRkE48vI9JfPXSyFoU5xkVNncBRZ3A8UNMFdH6c

What is even scarier, is understanding how corporations are like the houses in game of thrones, the government is the thrown, and they view us as the white walkers.

Yep, I'm stoked about tonight.

Bzzzzzt

I'm sorry. Thank you for playing, but that is a strawman. Better luck next time.
{<RR}

How will I ever evade or endure such blows.

<[analyzed}>

Triumph of the Will is definitely a piece of history that should be studied, and like others have said, I wouldn't be surprised if this anti-abortion film is a deliberately misleading film, but it has every right to push its agenda along with all the other movies that hold a bias, doesn't it? And according to postmodernist theory, since that is guiding philosophical platform for contemporary leftists, isn't that....everything?

Yes, yes it is. That's literally what postermodernism teaches. Every book, poem, work of art, and piece of journalism, whether it is an editorial or not, reflects the bias/identity of its author. Ergo, everything is propaganda.

You checkmated yourself, libs. Now put Alex Jones back on.
First of all, postmodernism is not the “guiding philosophical platform” of “leftists.” Do you think Bernie Sanders knows anything about— or gives two shits about— postmodernism?

Postmodernism is a phenomenon in academics, and, since most academics are liberal, there are a lot of liberal postmodernists... but it by no means is some universal trait.

Also, postmodernism, at the most basic level, is the idea that truth cannot approached from one perspective only. It’s kind of amazing the extent to which the Internet right is triggered by that idea.

Google literally indoctrinates its employees to hate white people.

1f79171194109524.jpg
BiBnVFZ.gif

Also, postmodernism, at the most basic level, is the idea that truth cannot approached from one perspective only. It’s kind of amazing the extent to which the Internet right is triggered by that idea.

I feel like you are banging a drum in my face with all of your progressive tolerance as of late.

Left: I don't like what you are saying. I want to ban it. I may physically attack you.
Right: I don't like what you are saying. But I will defend your right to say it.

It was. Media made for the express purpose of furthering a political point is the definition of propaganda.

“The spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person.”
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/propaganda

Where’s the controversy?

I just checked, and Bowling for Columbine is listed as crime/drama

So the controversy is that it's incredibly one sided of what hits Google's propoganda label and what is A ok to them

If Google slapped a propoganda description on every heavily politically biased film, then Unplanned could fall under that as well. But they're not, and instead overtly trying to smear a documentary type story about an abortion worker because it doesn't fit their ideals

Last edited:
I feel like you are banging a drum in my face with all of your progressive tolerance as of late.

Left: I don't like what you are saying. I want to ban it. I may physically attack you.
Right: I don't like what you are saying. But I will defend your right to say it.
Because I’ve ever said any of that?

The great irony is that conservatives are always bitching about censorship from platforms that GAVE THEM AN AUDIENCE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Seriously, without twitter, google, and YouTube who the fuck would have ever
HEARD of any of any of these people?

As far as conservatives fighting for “free speech,” give me a fucking break. How often does Fox host smart liberals and give them a “fair and balanced platform”? How much bandwidth does Breitbart give to liberal voices?

Lol, I think we know the answer.

I just checked, and Bowling for Columbine is listed as crime/drama

So the controversy is that it's incredibly one sided of what hits Google's propoganda label and what is A ok to them

If Google slapped a propoganda description on every heavily politically biased film, then Unplanned could fall under that as well. But they're not, and instead overtly trying to smear a documentary type story about an abortion worker because it doesn't fit their ideals
What specific issue or message is Bowling for Columbine pushing? Honest question. I watched it a long time ago. I remember there being a scene where Michael Moore gets a gun for opening a bank account, an interview with Marilyn Manson, and a cartoon from the South Park guys. I don’t remember enough about it to say whether or not it should be labelled “propaganda.” I think propaganda has to be made in order to promote or attack a specific position. I though Columbine was more of a “How the heck did this happen?” kind of thing.

Last edited:
If their is no obvious lies or misinformation can it be accurately labeled propaganda? From what I understand it tells this woman's actual experience and progression on this issue.
Perhaps if someone's ideology wasn't dependent on facts, but rather ran on a anti intellectual fundamentalism driven by emotion, they would see it as propaganda.
I would be interested in someone's honest take on this movie that isn't pro life but is brave enough to objectively give a assessment.
Yes cause propaganda doesn't mean it has to be lies or misinformation. The truth can be propaganda.

Back