Social Google gets rid of its diversity programs

Pretty much. If aliens visited earth they would consider Asians to be the "default" human variety. White people are the weird, uncommon variety; like pistachio to the vanilla and chocolate ice cream.
There are more Asian folks in China then there are white, or mixed white people globally.

Now I care much more about what's inside your head than the colour of a person's skin, but in the context of the post I quoted it was worth bringing it up. The guy is a lost cause.

Edit: already been covered. Lol

Like every tech company, diversity hiring is at the forefront of all hiring efforts. It’s incredibly difficult challenge to tackle and there is no one answer. Facebook for example incentivized their diversity hiring by counting each minority or female hire as two in recruiter goal metrics. Ex: recruiter needs to make 15 hires a year and each woman counts as 2 toward that goal.

Google doesn’t do that for example.

Someone needs to let Liz know. It was the center piece of her campaign.

Warren's campaign went down in flames among the left... And her IP nonsense had a lot to do with it. Another lesson in its being a toothless right-wing bugaboo.

Warren's campaign went down in flames among the left... And her IP nonsense had a lot to do with it. Another lesson in its being a toothless right-wing bugaboo.

She jumped the shark when she said a transgender kid would have to vet her Secretary of Education.

They should donate money to inner city schools and setup scholarship funds for under privileged youth if they actually gave a shit

She jumped the shark when she said a transgender kid would have to vet her Secretary of Education.
Somewhere along the line she forgot her helmet and suffered a brain injury. This sort of nonsense, along with Biden's idea of putting chicks with dicks into women's prisons alienate anyone not sucked into their particular ideological black hole. Complete idiocy championed by desperate idiots.

It’s interesting seeing Google back away from a policy that would lead to two things:

Poorer job performance and lower employee retention of high performers. The second wave of job diversity quotas is rank diversity quotas.

Would you want to work at a company where you know you have to be demonstrably better than a diversity hire to get the promotion you are both fighting for?

MSM recently tried to spin it like he was wrong. The headline said ex Google employee, who became a right wing hero, quietly drops suit. Then you read the article and find out Google paid him and 5 others a settlement. In return of course he drops the suit and they sign NDAs.

That was a the only way I saw the issue phrased here. “Alt-Right Darling Drops Google Suit”.

Someone in the article mentions he and google came to an agreement, NDA signed.

In this and similar recent conclusions the NDA is shockingly deforming to the general public’s understanding of the conclusion of these socially relevant events.

Interesting. Have you informed media companies of this reality? Because I read zero news articles citing your theory, and the #1 reason I saw as to why her campaign was unsuccessful was the sexism of the American (democratic?) voters.

MSM recently tried to spin it like he was wrong. The headline said ex Google employee, who became a right wing hero, quietly drops suit. Then you read the article and find out Google paid him and 5 others a settlement. In return of course he drops the suit and they sign NDAs.
Which is standard litigation behavior. Right or wrong, it's cheaper to settle and put people under NDAs - that way you control what they can or cannot say in the future. It's a mistake to assume that settlements mean wrongdoing or innocence because that's not why most companies settle.

Diversity programs DON'T WORK unless you count hiring or promoting people based on skin color or any other characteristic short of ability as "success". The military tried getting more minority personnel in Special Operations Groups when I served. It was a joke in the Navy as the highest percentage of recruits in remedial swim classes at Boot Camp were Black. Followed by Hispanic. How the hell are you going to get a bunch of minority personnel to become SEALS when a large group of potential candidates barely got past 2nd class swim quals after weeks of remedial training?

That was a the only way I saw the issue phrased here. “Alt-Right Darling Drops Google Suit”.

Someone in the article mentions he and google came to an agreement, NDA signed.

In this and similar recent conclusions the NDA is shockingly deforming to the general public’s understanding of the conclusion of these socially relevant events.
I wish more people understood this. Companies will settle even if they're 100% in the right. They'll settle if they're 100% in the wrong. The point isn't right vs. wrong, it's about shutting down litigation.

The Harvard case being an example of why they do it. Harvard won that case but in the course of the trial, they ended up revealing their entire admissions process. I've seen college prep tutors devoting significant time into strategies meant to exploit this new knowledge. So Harvard won the case but lost something of value in doing so. Settling the case before it gets to trial prevents that from happening. I'm sure Google has plenty of proprietary information that is unrelated to this issue but will come up as the lawyers look for ways to win. It's far cheaper to pay the plaintiff to go away than risk putting proprietary information into the public space of court records.

Another example is the UFC. People used to speculate about what PPV contracts looked llike but no one knew. This gave the UFC a negotiating advantage with new fighters because only the UFC knew what the contracts included. Once Randy's contract went public, thanks to litigation, everyone could use it in their contract negotiations. The UFC lost something of value that far exceeded the amount in dispute with Couture.

Companies settle, regardless of if they're right, it's just smarter.

Most of google's head honchos are indians. No guilt there, just plain racism.

a friend of mine who works in Silicon Valley for a very large tech company told me, that at their “year end managers” meeting, a white manager during the Q&A session asked...something along the lines...”what are we doing about diversity, as a white male it concerns me that in this meeting I don’t see many people that look like me”....the company he works for has quite a few Indian c-level execs, sr vp’s, VP’s, Sr Dir, Dir, Sr Manager and mangers basically the entire management chain is fraught with Indians...almost all came on H1B and are now citizens or still in the process of becoming one. He said it was almost hysterical as the Indian CEO tried to talk thru it and then asked the Sr VP of HR (black woman) to talk about divertisty and hiring....she stated...”you should hire the person who doesn’t look like you, especially if the top 2-3 candidates are close to equal....

I want ZERO diversity programs for the sake of having diversity programs at companies I invest my money in. They should hire the best, the brightest and the most capable and innovative people for the job regardless of ethnicity.

The person that I work in support of (person who is assigned ownership of our lab) is a lesbian. She has a wife. And a kid. And a Master's degree. And her jump wings from her time in the Army. And medals and ribbons from time spent in a theater of operation. She's not a diversity hire, she's a qualified person in a role that up until now, was held by hetero males. Water seeks its own level. We have top tier professionals at work and she is one of them. Those who aren't of that level get weeded out regardless of age, sex, race, religion, or sexual orientation.

The demise of the US is happening before our eyes Putin has won.

200_d.gif

Back