Goodbye, my mistress, goodbye

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
I traded it in for a 4 ton hvac scroll compressor and a crane rental

It's (was) my every day carry, just like wishbone11.

It's a sad day when you have to trade in your carry firearm for a compressor and crane rental. RIP.

That is a sad day. Time to get the new Smith and Wesson Bodyguard ?

Thinking of gettin an FN 5-7

fn%205.7%20Millimeter%20Pistol.jpg

Crane rental, Wtf did you need to rent a crane for?

Prob for the best.

Asians with Guns are causing global warming.

I use to dream of carrying a kimber until I got one. I picked up an SIS midsize, took it to the range. With winchester ammo, it jammed several times. No big deal, just needed to be broke in, right? 2000!!!! rounds later of every make and weight, still jammed. So my kimber dreams were shattered. Back to the super reliable glock 32. Glad your kimber worked out so great for you, but for me the brand is forever ruined.

Why was this moved?

Ive seen gun threads before.

I use to dream of carrying a kimber until I got one. I picked up an SIS midsize, took it to the range. With winchester ammo, it jammed several times. No big deal, just needed to be broke in, right? 2000!!!! rounds later of every make and weight, still jammed. So my kimber dreams were shattered. Back to the super reliable glock 32. Glad your kimber worked out so great for you, but for me the brand is forever ruined.

Kimbers are awesome. Never had problems with mine or heard of anyone else having any problems with theirs.

Wow that sucks dude, times are tuff atm but you'll be able to get something better soon I'm sure.

Btw, Server/faction/race?

You must have your head under a rock to say that you haven't heard of anyone having quality control issues with Kimber. Its well known fact that over the last couple years, i believe after kimber changed owners, their quality control fell off a cliff face. From the kimber forum at ar15 to my local shooting board there are plenty of threads about quality control issues. A customer I installed a central air conditioner for a month ago tried to trade me his Kimber for the price difference and he was honest in saying he was tired of working on it to get it to function 100%

Not trying to knock kimbers cause I have thought of buying one and will keep it in mind for the future but to say "I haven't heard of anyone with issues" pretty much means you probably haven't looked at one central location of kimber owners.

Kimber quality issues? - TheFiringLine Forums

and no the FN 5-7 isnt a good civilian gun, its gonna be hard to find expensive ammo and when you do find the ammo is if for sure not the good stuff that is restricted to leo and military only. The only reason I would want that pistol is for interchangeability if I also owned the PS90

You must have your head under a rock to say that you haven't heard of anyone having quality control issues with Kimber. Its well known fact that over the last couple years, i believe after kimber changed owners, their quality control fell off a cliff face. From the kimber forum at ar15 to my local shooting board there are plenty of threads about quality control issues. A customer I installed a central air conditioner for a month ago tried to trade me his Kimber for the price difference and he was honest in saying he was tired of working on it to get it to function 100%

Not trying to knock kimbers cause I have thought of buying one and will keep it in mind for the future but to say "I haven't heard of anyone with issues" pretty much means you probably haven't looked at one central location of kimber owners.

Kimber quality issues? - TheFiringLine Forums

I agree with this. I had a Kimber Eclipse and before I even fired it people strongly suggested that I buy some Wilson mags because the Kimber mags weren't any good. I bought the mags and took it to the range and it would either jam or double-fire (very surprising the first time it happened). Had to send it back to Kimber and wait a month or so. I think they polished the feed ramp and some other stuff but it ran fine afterwards, but it's not something I would expect from a $1000+ pistol. I ended up trading it for a LMT AR-15. :icon_chee

If you find a first generation Kimber definitely hold on to it though.

Back