Goodbye Gastelum's Iron Chin

grizzard2bid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, he lost some brain cells in the 5th he won't recover.
Will be far more susceptible to KO. We've never seen him bounced around like that.

Same story as with Ortega. I guess we'll see how the future fights play out.

GOAT chins are underappreciated, they the most important ingredient to a potential all time great fight.

Yeah, he lost some brain cells in the 5th he won't recover.
Will be far more susceptible to KO. We've never seen him bounced around like that.

Same story as with Ortega. I guess we'll see how the future fights play out.
You might be right. Once your chin cracks like that, it might never be the same again. It will be interesting to see Ortega in his next fight. He still hasn't scheduled one I don't think?

How do you know how Ortega will recover from his beating?!?

That 5th round was brutal

He will need time to recover from this

How do you know how Ortega will recover from his beating?!?

Precedent.

Shogun/Jon Jones
Rashad/Machida
JDS/Cain2

Quick KO's are less likely to mess you up, but a solid beating has a more long-term impact. They were never the same after, although you could say they were on the decline at that point.

Precedent.

Shogun/Jon Jones
Rashad/Machida
JDS/Cain2

Quick KO's are less likely to mess you up, but a solid beating has a more long-term impact. They were never the same after, although you could say they were on the decline at that point.

I’d go with the last part, also I wouldn’t compare the beatings that shogun received vs the one rashad received. Shogun was out on his feet for a full round if not more.

My main point was you don’t know know

Gastelum and Holloway embrace the CTE.

And CTE embraces them.
Really poor style. These guys who don't learn how to mix up strikes/grappling will be slurring words like James Toney.

MMA is a beautiful thing because it gives you additional avenue during offense or defense. They underutilize it, standing and banging. It's fun to watch, but at the same time it is not a smart way to fight.

Back