Good Whisky ?

Where can I find Japanese whisky? It's not like they pop up at the local LCBO

the big LCBO at Summerhill has some. they are all fairly expensive tho
you are better off going to a good whiskey bar to try some. the advantage here is you can make connections with ppl who have axcess to the good stuff

expressions.jpg

Local craft Whisky in Texas. Outstanding.

I said upmarket not luxury. Didn't mean to imply it was something more than it is

It's in the jack/Jim beam price range which is almost double the entry price for whiskey.

He was referring to it as cheaper whiskey -in America it's a lot more than Southern Comfort, R&R, Canadien Club, Old Crow and other entry level drinkable whiskeys

Yeah, I guess so. I forget about the Southern Comforts and those types. I always kinda picture the Jim Beam's and Jack Daniels as more of the entry level with everything going up from there.

Has anybody mentioned Knob Creek? Pricey but damn good, it's a 50 by volume so some people like to cut it a little to smooth it out, but it's a great bourbon

I'm not a big whisky/ey guy but I dig it, especially for the price. I just bought another bottle and got it for like 20 bucks.

Edit: It's usually a lot more in my town which gouges the shit out of everybody. I got it somewhere else for cheaper this time around. Not sure how much it usually goes for in normal places. I just always assumed it was much cheaper than what I had been getting it.

Last edited:
Don't know if it's been mentioned but Pendleton seems to be another good value.

Gonna check that out - must be available here in Houston.

Texas vodka is where its at- Dripping Springs, Tito's, Deep Eddy...very high quality.

Texas whiskey? Seems like it'd be knock off Tennessee or Kentucky whiskey....

the big LCBO at Summerhill has some. they are all fairly expensive tho
you are better off going to a good whiskey bar to try some. the advantage here is you can make connections with ppl who have axcess to the good stuff

Well I live in Mississauga, I'm not going all the way to Summerhill for some Japanese whisky (love the area tho). But I'll definitely try to sample some Japanese whisky if I happen to stumble across a whisky bar.

Texas vodka is where its at- Dripping Springs, Tito's, Deep Eddy...very high quality.

Texas whiskey? Seems like it'd be knock off Tennessee or Kentucky whiskey....

yes but i meant the single malt version

Good stuff right here, and not expensive.

irish-mist.jpg

Whats the problem with drinking something that is apparently labeled to gays?

You afraid of becoming gay because you drank Drambuie Zezima? If you afraid of becoming gay, its because you already are!

so, sounds like you are coming out.

I don't agree, i really enjoy Grey Goose, i think its right up there with the best ones. The only i've tasted that his better is Belvedere special Xmas edition, which was basically like a syrup

grey goose orange + tonic + orange slices = yum yum

I'm more of an Islay malt kind of guy, though I think Gentlemans Jack is good by itself.
What's your preference for Islay? Laphroaig? Lagavulin? Though not a traditional Islay, I love Talisker. I've got an 18 year old bottle at home that I break out on special occasions. It's not too peaty, but it's peppery and slightly smoky, which is a nice flavor/balance. The water source on the islands gives all the island scotches that unique flavor. Every now and then, I'm in the mood for that salty, earthy sea scotch.

Buffalo Trace
Eagle Rare
Elijah Craig
Michters
Knob Creek
Evan Williams Single Barrel

What's your preference for Islay? Laphroaig? Lagavulin? Though not a traditional Islay, I love Talisker. I've got an 18 year old bottle at home that I break out on special occasions. It's not too peaty, but it's peppery and slightly smoky, which is a nice flavor/balance. The water source on the islands gives all the island scotches that unique flavor. Every now and then, I'm in the mood for that salty, earthy sea scotch.

I love both Laphroaig & Lagavulin but Talisker is my true favorite.

Back