Good Whisky ?

Grey goose is just marketing BS. -It consistently gets annihilated in blind taste tests. But The difference in a good vodka and great vodka is not that much IMO -not like the difference in cheap wine or whiskey. Some people I know buy the expensive stuff not because they can taste much difference but because they feel the hangover is much less -but if you partied like I use to -no brand or tier of alcohol was going to lessen the punishment the next day -just add financial punishment.

Lol, exactly.

This is an interesting ranking. Don't know how legit, but the rates are apparently the averages from several competitions.

http://vodka.findthebest.com/

Speaking of Crown Royal...
The purple bag (with tassels) is reccomended for storing your handgun. It's very supple on the inside and easily absorbs any excess lubricant (after you clean it first of course).

Lol, exactly.

This is an interesting ranking. Don't know how legit, but the rates are apparently the averages from several competitions.

http://vodka.findthebest.com/

Hahahahahaahah

grey goose rates in 400th place out of 411! Even Costco brand vodka beat it by 100 places....

That stoli elit bottle the guy bought in front of me for almost a hundred dollars is only 65 on that website -must be because I'm in the Caribbean right now.

agepage-bottle.jpg

This is one of my favorites.

Maker's Mark
Jim Beam
Tullamore Dew
Redbreast
High West
Crown Royal
JW Black
The non-gay Drambui lol

If you don't like the sweetness of bourbon or other American whiskeys, I'd recommend Irish- Bushmill's, Michael Collins, Black Louth or Redbreast.

I have no idea what inbetweeners are. It takes more to make a case for a correlation between a drink and a sexual preference than just the opinion of your barber and whoever inbetweeners are.

It's a normal drink, which like any drink can be bitter, sweet, sour, etc. If you solely like sweet you'd like a sweet drink and not a bitter one, etc.
Being gay doesn't mess with your preference in taste of food and drinks. And even if a lot of gay people like it doesn't make it a gay drink. If a lot of gay people like BMW's does that make it a gay car? I get that you don't like it, if you can even objectively judge it. But that doesn't make it okay to make a stupid generalization. TS asked for whisky recommendations, not homophobic feelings towards others' recommendations.

Also I was talking about the specific Drambuie of that pic. Cheaper ones might taste totally different, I wouldn't know because I never tried them. But it's often the case that different whiskys from one brand taste significantly different.

The inbetweeners is a very funny TV show. And yes a BMW is a very gay car.

Gentleman's Jack can never go wrong

I'm a noob but this is the best for me so far. Very smooth.

2n6ci9t.jpg

Don't know why you're digging your heels in, just try Johnnie Black. Found it online, far less expensive than I thought. I don't think I'll buy any other blend for at home, just a fancy single malt.

Someone recommend me a good whisky. I've tried Jack Daniels ( way too sweet, dont like it ), Henessey and Chivas Regal.

Any nice, less well-known whiskies that you guys like to drink ? Something from the American mid-west or EU etc. ?

There's a big difference between American and Scotch whiskys. Then there are other good whisky regions such as Japan, Ireland and Canada. (Plus Hennesy, which really is not whisky but cognac :D )

I mostly just drink Scotch single malt these days. It's very different from American whiskey such as Jack Daniels or Jim Beam, and also different from Scotch blended whisky such as Chivas Regal or Famous Grouse. I'd say it is typically more dry than American whiskey and more complex than Scotch blended whisky.

There are dozens of brilliant Scotch single malt whisky brands, but below are a few of my personal favorites:

Lagavulin: Very smokey and peaty. For the macho guys.

Glenlivet: Light and flowery. A nice one to start with.

Highland Park: Balanced and complex. A tasty all-rounder.

The Dalmore: Heavy, dry and vinous. A connoisseur's choice after dinner.

Back