Good Whisky ?

That is a benders drink.

TS try teachers whisky or famous grouse.

I personally like JD & JD Honey.

Lol, it's just a drink. Homophobic labeling is very narrow minded and juvenile.

A guy bought an almost hundred dollar bottle of Stoli Elit in front of me today, I was thinking -it's damn vodka -why the fuck would he do that?

He told me he's on vacation and that's how it's going down...

Haha, I never got fancy vodka either. It's such a simple drink, they can't do that much to it to make it so much better. No reason to buy expensive vodka, you're only paying for the name and status. I bought Grey Goose once, because it won some prizes. Wasn't impressed at all.

I never liked Vodka other than it's shots being relatively cheap compared to whiskey. I have heard about Teacher's & Famous Grouse, but never tried them.

Jesus that is a strange bottle.

CrownRoyal_Deluxe.jpg

Definitely haven't seen it around, but if I do I'm sure I'll recognize it :eek:

That bottle comes in a royal purple bag with faux lace tassels

Don't be fooled though....it's fantastic

Haha, I never got fancy vodka either. It's such a simple drink, they can't do that much to it to make it so much better. No reason to buy expensive vodka, you're only paying for the name and status. I bought Grey Goose once, because it won some prizes. Wasn't impressed at all.

Grey goose is just marketing BS. -It consistently gets annihilated in blind taste tests. But The difference in a good vodka and great vodka is not that much IMO -not like the difference in cheap wine or whiskey. Some people I know buy the expensive stuff not because they can taste much difference but because they feel the hangover is much less -but if you partied like I use to -no brand or tier of alcohol was going to lessen the punishment the next day -just add financial punishment.

agepage-bottle.jpg

jd-honey-whiskey.jpg

JimBeamRye.jpg
e b

For the record I hate regular Jack Daniels and Overall I think the Irish make the best Whiskey.

I'm a fan of bourbon. My favorites are Bulliet, Makers Mark, and Blantons.

Whistlepig rye. Instead of Jameson try Powers. Shitty alcohol makes me cry.

If you're not a fan of sweet whiskies then probably you'd enjoy any of the Islay malts such as Laphroig or Bowmore.

I think Johnnie Walker Black Label is fucking great. People who are complete douchebags will drone on and on about single malt scotch to look cool, but JW is just as good as any single malt.

As a student I don't have a lot of cash so I generally stick with Jameson, and I love it.

Haha, Jameson is considered upmarket expensive whiskey in the states..

Really?

Besides absolute swill that you get in the likes of Lidl and Aldi, Jameson would be one of the cheaper ones.

It's the same price as JD.

I can't stand Jameson myself. Crown Royal is the best tasting whiskey IMO

Jameson whiskey is meh.

This however is delightful

yhst-43357575186341_2267_1207819452

I hate to admit it but most of the time I can't really tell the difference until the day after.

There are the ones that give me bad headaches and the ones that give me light headaches.

Makers and Bulliet for mixing

Blantons and Pappy neat.

JD is crap.

Try Elmer T. Lee, Woodford, Maker's. all reasonably priced and GOOD.

Drink straight or on rocks, do not mix. Save that for the JD.

Lol, it's just a drink. Homophobic labeling is very narrow minded and juvenile.

Even the inbetweeners think Drambuie is a benders drink. It is fowl IMO and also its my barbers (who is actually gay) favourite drink.

Someone recommend me a good whisky. I've tried Jack Daniels ( way too sweet, dont like it ), Henessey and Chivas Regal.

Any nice, less well-known whiskies that you guys like to drink ? Something from the American mid-west or EU etc. ?

I love JD but for me its a getting really wasted whiskey. I don't drink it because i enjoy the taste (i like it, but its far from being its main quality).

In my opinion, Johnny Walker Black is much much better than Chivas Regal, in the same price range.

If you're looking to buy a good bottle that you will keep over a few months i would suggest going into the "higher end" stuff.

here's what i'd suggest.

This is my only American suggestion as i'm not a fan of American Whiskey other than to get trashed with them (JD, Jim Bean, Makers Mark,etc)
11961165_is

This irish whiskey is really good and smokey
10235663_is

I'd still get into scotch instead of whiskey if i was you.

I think Johnnie Walker Black Label is fucking great. People who are complete douchebags will drone on and on about single malt scotch to look cool, but JW is just as good as any single malt.

this statement couldnt be more false, but i understand your sentiment.

I actually recommended JW Black in my post, and its my go to everyday whiskey, and its probably the best, and my favorite in its price range, but go 20-30$ higher and you can get stuff that destroys it.

JW Black stays a blend.

Even the inbetweeners think Drambuie is a benders drink. It is fowl IMO and also its my barbers (who is actually gay) favourite drink.

I have no idea what inbetweeners are. It takes more to make a case for a correlation between a drink and a sexual preference than just the opinion of your barber and whoever inbetweeners are.

It's a normal drink, which like any drink can be bitter, sweet, sour, etc. If you solely like sweet you'd like a sweet drink and not a bitter one, etc.
Being gay doesn't mess with your preference in taste of food and drinks. And even if a lot of gay people like it doesn't make it a gay drink. If a lot of gay people like BMW's does that make it a gay car? I get that you don't like it, if you can even objectively judge it. But that doesn't make it okay to make a stupid generalization. TS asked for whisky recommendations, not homophobic feelings towards others' recommendations.

Also I was talking about the specific Drambuie of that pic. Cheaper ones might taste totally different, I wouldn't know because I never tried them. But it's often the case that different whiskys from one brand taste significantly different.

Whats the problem with drinking something that is apparently labeled to gays?

You afraid of becoming gay because you drank Drambuie Zezima? If you afraid of becoming gay, its because you already are!

Back