Good ways to save money?

You sound

like you understand finance well sir.

haha.. well I know its not smart to put your account down to $0 because you think going to the bar is more important.

lol question, "good ways to save money?" - answers, "save your money" ... mindblownjpg.

The best advice I can give is find a job that has pension after 20 years like a lot of trade unions do and do a 15 year mortgage on a home.

It is amazing that Americans have allowed pensions to disappear. I usually give voters credit for getting it right, but they got suckered on that one.

Don't watch TV, get ad blocker for your internet browser, etc... Just avoid commercials in general. This will shift your purchase habit to more of what you need and less of what you want.

Cook at home, and in large quantities at once.

Don't use transportation for places you can walk within 30 minutes (weather/climate considered)

Keep a log of your spending

This is probably true.

If you are living paycheck to paycheck, saving is really stupid. What would the point be of not going out and having fun, so you can save an extra $200 a month? Better to use that $200 on strippers and weed.

Now I understand your multiple genie/job that pays 85k/month threads.

Save the $200 spent on strippers and weed, in just a year, it would be $2400. You can take a short trip overseas with that.

Now I understand your multiple genie/job that pays 85k/month threads.

Save the $200 spent on strippers and weed, in just a year, it would be $2400. You can take a short trip overseas with that.

Going overseas? Lol. I thought you were gonna give some financial advice

You have it all backwards, imo. To escape poverty, you need to NOT spend all your money on frivolous shit.

However, if you are perfectly happy being poor, then you should continue to waste money like water.

Chicks dig poor.

Especially if your white, have dreads and can play guitar.

All the card companies have really good offers right now, amex has a preferred with 6% back on grocery stores, 3% on gas and dept stores, and 1% on everything else. It's 75 a year, but they have another card that is free and I think only drops the grocery cash back to 3%. Only use for necessities and pay off the balance every month. You won't pay interest. I used my disc. card for biz expenses from apr to dec of this year and got enough cash back to do xmas shopping without dipping into my actual money.

Going overseas? Lol. I thought you were gonna give some financial advice

I already gave my financial advice to OP.

You seems like the type that enjoy having fun without caring about retirement, from the few posts itt, I don't see the point of trying to convince you otherwise since all those "Blues" have already done it. Just encouraging you to save up the $200 and blow it all up in one lump sum after 1 year.

do these 2 things..

maximize a roth IRA
maximize 401k or 403b

and you're better off than the majority of people..

A lot of people see money as something you get to buy things

I see money as something that helps you sleep better at nights. The more you have in your hands the better you will sleep, and its not about how much you make. I used to work minimum wage and I always slept well at nights.

I always just throw all my change in this little bucket. When it gets full I take it too the coinstar. After like a month it adds up to around 100 bucks. Maybe try that?

That's great advice, before reading this, I had been throwing all my change in the trash.

I purchase everything I possibly can on a credit card, then pay it off before the end of the month (to avoid paying interest).

The reason I do this is because many credit cards offer cash back rewards. My Chase VISA offers 5% back on qualified purchases. So like, for example, they often offer 5% back for gas station purchases. So you fill up your car on that card. Spend $100 on gas and get $5 off your bill. Free money.

Builds credit too. But it requires discipline. I often leave my credit card/money at home when I go to work so I'm not tempted to buy an energy drink or fast food.

Lol. Chicks dig poor. Yeaaaaaah.

This reminds me of my friend. He literally can't save a dime.

All the card companies have really good offers right now, amex has a preferred with 6% back on grocery stores, 3% on gas and dept stores, and 1% on everything else. It's 75 a year, but they have another card that is free and I think only drops the grocery cash back to 3%. Only use for necessities and pay off the balance every month. You won't pay interest. I used my disc. card for biz expenses from apr to dec of this year and got enough cash back to do xmas shopping without dipping into my actual money.

I'll have to look into that. My Jet Blue Amex is kind of a letdown. I haven't gotten a free ticket in forever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back