Good unbiased highlights of JJ vs Gustafson (VIDEO)

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by taggermest, Jan 17, 2015.

1. taggermest

taggermest Green Belt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IlmFpQH81c

Exactly how i thought the fight went. Gustafson was doing great but JJ edged it out towards the end and also had Gustafson looking in bad shape. After the bell rang Gus just looked DONE didnt have his hands up nothing....

I am sure Gus has been training, hope he gets the W vs Rumble even though I seriously like Rumble....just so that JJ vs AG could happen again.

If Rumble beats Gus he BETTER beat JJ as well or because I will be pissed if he ruins the JJ v AG rematch for NOTHING.

2. loisestrad

loisestrad Gold Belt Platinum Member

I wouldn't say he ruins it for nothing. Him beating Gus would create a huge fight vs. Jones.

Obviously the Gus-rematch vs Jones would be less significant - but it would make AJ - Jones the more significant.

3. Break Brick

Break Brick Black Belt

Still the best fight I've ever seen, had literally everything.
    These guys bring out the best in each other, cannot wait for the rematch.

4. 91 seconds

91 seconds Disposable Hero

Great fight

You'd swear that fight never happened to some of the guys saying Jones beats everyone on the planet ever. Gus fucked him up. It did show Jones is a tough fucker and a fight I think he needed. Possibly the most important one he'll have in his career as far as making him strive to be better. Once you get comfortable. .game over.

5. Blah4

Blah4 Purple Belt

Pretty cheesy but i like it

6. Bob Gray

Bob Gray Deadlights Belt Platinum Member

I recently rewatched it again UFC unleashed. Still such an amazing fight. I came away realizing how clearly Gus won round 2, when before I thought it was close. And I had forgotten how often Jones had landed his kicks to the midsection and head. Still, dat elbow was the whole fight.

7. prikoke

prikoke Brown Belt

Watching these highlights again somehow makes me certain Gus would lose the second time, too.

8. ilfirin

ilfirin Silver Belt

One of the best fights in a long long time. Didn't have Jonathan winning it but, a great and extremely competitive fight regardless.

9. Rittsy

Rittsy Red Belt

Great fight. Hoping Gustafsson beats Rumble so we can have a rematch.

10. Yolandabecool**

Yolandabecool** Brown Belt

Rumble won't beat Gus. He doesn't have enough weapons. The Rumble hype train has reached this point a few times - This is around about his limit.

That was an excellent highlight video btw. Gus was one elbow away from winning the belt. I also forgot how much bigger he looked in the ring in comparison to Jones.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  11. Moral Victory

Moral Victory Black Belt

Seen this one a few times^^ sad to not see Gustafsson shrug Jones off him near the end, it was such a great display of "no you're not" even though he was dead tired. And when he threw his own elbow after being hurt by Jons, damn it was good.

12. nbkallday

nbkallday White Belt

Yes, i love that video. Amazing fight, probably my favorite, plus the use of the music from rocky 4 is just awesome

13. Yolandabecool**

Yolandabecool** Brown Belt

Have you seen the other Rocky movies lol

14. biscuitsbrah

biscuitsbrah Red Belt

Great highlight video. Although I dont think Gus has anything for Jones this time around.

15. RoninJin

RoninJin Holla At Me If You Like My Avatar

Best fight of all time

16. Break Brick

Break Brick Black Belt

Why? Has Gus had a head injury we don't know about and forgot how to do MMA? Source?

17. 91 seconds

91 seconds Disposable Hero

Yeah Im not really sure why a lot of people say that. The Greg Jackson gameplanning is the only thing I see changing in their next fight. Gus proved he's a beast. I can see Jon's team coming up with some sort of Condit/Diaz game plan where Jones keeps him at bay with point kicks. Both fighters improve. Gus went out and stuffed the takedown with having the superior hands. He's anything but a plodding Diaz but I have a feeling Jones is going to circle and kick the next fight. Its funny people thinking hes just going to toss Gus aroumd this time and take it to the ground. This fight is gameplan central for Jones. Its what his camp lives for and they have quite the task. Jones was in no hurry to have this second fight.