Good unbiased highlights of JJ vs Gustafson (VIDEO)

taggermest

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IlmFpQH81c

Exactly how i thought the fight went. Gustafson was doing great but JJ edged it out towards the end and also had Gustafson looking in bad shape. After the bell rang Gus just looked DONE didnt have his hands up nothing....

I am sure Gus has been training, hope he gets the W vs Rumble even though I seriously like Rumble....just so that JJ vs AG could happen again.

If Rumble beats Gus he BETTER beat JJ as well or because I will be pissed if he ruins the JJ v AG rematch for NOTHING.

If Rumble beats Gus he BETTER beat JJ as well or because I will be pissed if he ruins the JJ v AG rematch for NOTHING.

I wouldn't say he ruins it for nothing. Him beating Gus would create a huge fight vs. Jones.

Obviously the Gus-rematch vs Jones would be less significant - but it would make AJ - Jones the more significant.

Still the best fight I've ever seen, had literally everything.
These guys bring out the best in each other, cannot wait for the rematch.

Great fight

You'd swear that fight never happened to some of the guys saying Jones beats everyone on the planet ever. Gus fucked him up. It did show Jones is a tough fucker and a fight I think he needed. Possibly the most important one he'll have in his career as far as making him strive to be better. Once you get comfortable. .game over.

Pretty cheesy but i like it

I recently rewatched it again UFC unleashed. Still such an amazing fight. I came away realizing how clearly Gus won round 2, when before I thought it was close. And I had forgotten how often Jones had landed his kicks to the midsection and head. Still, dat elbow was the whole fight.

Watching these highlights again somehow makes me certain Gus would lose the second time, too.

One of the best fights in a long long time. Didn't have Jonathan winning it but, a great and extremely competitive fight regardless.

Great fight. Hoping Gustafsson beats Rumble so we can have a rematch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IlmFpQH81c

Exactly how i thought the fight went. Gustafson was doing great but JJ edged it out towards the end and also had Gustafson looking in bad shape. After the bell rang Gus just looked DONE didnt have his hands up nothing....

I am sure Gus has been training, hope he gets the W vs Rumble even though I seriously like Rumble....just so that JJ vs AG could happen again.

Rumble won't beat Gus. He doesn't have enough weapons. The Rumble hype train has reached this point a few times - This is around about his limit.

That was an excellent highlight video btw. Gus was one elbow away from winning the belt. I also forgot how much bigger he looked in the ring in comparison to Jones.

Last edited:
Seen this one a few times^^ sad to not see Gustafsson shrug Jones off him near the end, it was such a great display of "no you're not" even though he was dead tired. And when he threw his own elbow after being hurt by Jons, damn it was good.

Yes, i love that video. Amazing fight, probably my favorite, plus the use of the music from rocky 4 is just awesome

Great highlight video. Although I dont think Gus has anything for Jones this time around.

Best fight of all time

Why? Has Gus had a head injury we don't know about and forgot how to do MMA? Source?

Yeah Im not really sure why a lot of people say that. The Greg Jackson gameplanning is the only thing I see changing in their next fight. Gus proved he's a beast. I can see Jon's team coming up with some sort of Condit/Diaz game plan where Jones keeps him at bay with point kicks. Both fighters improve. Gus went out and stuffed the takedown with having the superior hands. He's anything but a plodding Diaz but I have a feeling Jones is going to circle and kick the next fight. Its funny people thinking hes just going to toss Gus aroumd this time and take it to the ground. This fight is gameplan central for Jones. Its what his camp lives for and they have quite the task. Jones was in no hurry to have this second fight.

Back