good tips on how to handwash white vale tudo shorts

DI99

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
got some white badboy vale tudo shorts ordered, and i notice it says you must handwash them. i've heard people talking about several different ways or using different types of soap/washing fluids to clean them best, and to prevent fading and shrinking etc.

anybody have tips or an exact way to handwash white vale tudo shorts correctly?

you should be able wash them in a machine on delicate knit, inside out and then hang dry them. I do that with all my "hand-wash" shorts and they come out just fine with no damage to printing or stitching.

you should be able wash them in a machine on delicate knit, inside out and then hang dry them. I do that with all my "hand-wash" shorts and they come out just fine with no damage to printing or stitching.

turn them inside out before putting them in the machine to wash? or wash them normal then take them out and turn them inside out to dry?

turn them inside out before putting them in the machine to wash? or wash them normal then take them out and turn them inside out to dry?

you wash them inside out, it helps to protect any of the printing getting damaged by the agitator. Unless you have a front load washer then you dont need to turn them inside out.

If you are worried about them getting stretched in the wash you could use a mesh delicate laundry bag.

I have those exact vale tudo shorts.
I just throw them in the wash with my gi, rash guard, jock strap, etc after I train.
Indonturn them inside out when washing.
I then put them in the dryer with everything too...no problems, no shrinking, no print falling off or fading, etc.

For the wash I use cold water, gentle spin, normal agitate.
For the dry I use low heat.

Back