Good Test For Dan Hooker

Thiago Moises is calling out Dan.

Dan said he needs an opponent and that he didn't care about rankings this time. Let's see if he takes this.

Islam deserves a higher ranked opponent than Dan but if Dan puts on an impressive performance maybe he can justify a top 10 opponent for his next fight after Moises.

Book it Dana!

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...wing-loss-to-islam-makhachev-at-ufc-vegas-31/

“Now a fight that would make sense would be me against Dan Hooker since Dan Hooker said he wanted the winner of my fight with Makhachev, but he comes from two losses, I think he and I make sense. He wanted to win this fight, but he’s coming off two losses and I don’t think it would make sense to him. He has a big name, is well-positioned in the rankings, it’s a fight I would really like to do right now. I believe it’s a fighting style that favors me, Dan Hooker is a good striker, has a good reach, but I believe I would win by submission,” Moises said.

Meh why not. Then when Islam loses against one of the top guys we can do the Dan match finally if he wins. I think Chandler vs Islam is good. We can see a common opponent even that way.

When #9 Makhachev beat #14 Moises, he moved up 4 spots to #5.

If #8 Hooker beats #15 Moises, how many spots would he move up? Probably at least 3. So Hooker would overtake the #5 ranking and bump Makhachev to #6.

When #9 Makhachev beat #14 Moises, he moved up 4 spots to #5.

If #8 Hooker beats #15 Moises, how many spots would he move up? Probably at least 3. So Hooker would overtake the #5 ranking and bump Makhachev to #6.

If it's a close decision winHooker shouldn't go up, maybe even down

If it's a dominant performance like Islam's then yes he'd move up a few spots to maybe #6. Or even #5 or higher if he gets 2 dominant finishes in a few months like Islam.

Let Arman dismantle Moises

Hooker/Conor is is good to me but wont happen

Hooker/Gilespie good too

A few days ago Dan said in an interview he'll fight anyone next including unranked LWs

#15 ranked Thiago Moises respectfully asked for the fight.

Dan ignores Moises and puts out a tweet asking to fight anyone lol

So much for "I'll fight anyone"

A few days ago Dan said in an interview he'll fight anyone next including unranked LWs

#15 ranked Thiago Moises respectfully asked for the fight.

Dan ignores Moises and puts out a tweet asking to fight anyone lol

So much for "I'll fight anyone"

Went from declining fighta due to those lower ranked to now 'anyone can get it'. The hooker is also a beggar.

hooker should fight someone in top 4

Dude. if you wanna make another Islam thread, just do it.

Do it til your little heart's content.

I don't like Hooker but I think he would be a bad matchup for Moises. Moises looked small in there next to Islam and Hooker is even taller and has more range.

He was getting pieced up against MJ and Hooker would likely do the same. Taking him down wouldn't be easy either due to that size disparity.

I'd like to see Thiago against Brad Riddell or maybe Nasrat.

Dan said he needs an opponent and that he didn't care about rankings this time. Let's see if he takes this.

Islam deserves a higher ranked opponent than Dan but if Dan puts on an impressive performance maybe he can justify a top 10 opponent for his next fight after Moises.

Book it Dana!

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...wing-loss-to-islam-makhachev-at-ufc-vegas-31/

“Now a fight that would make sense would be me against Dan Hooker since Dan Hooker said he wanted the winner of my fight with Makhachev, but he comes from two losses, I think he and I make sense. He wanted to win this fight, but he’s coming off two losses and I don’t think it would make sense to him. He has a big name, is well-positioned in the rankings, it’s a fight I would really like to do right now. I believe it’s a fighting style that favors me, Dan Hooker is a good striker, has a good reach, but I believe I would win by submission,” Moises said.
Good match-up

Book it Dana!

Well by islam logic...if hooker beats thiago he should get a title shot...

So yeah book it

Even coming off a 2 loss win streak? Hooker/Gillespie would be fun/make a lot more sense

Hooker seems to fear the TD too much when facing wrestlers, I doubt he'll agree to Gillespie

Huh? Islam isn't calling for a title shot next?

<WhatIsThis>

He went to rank number 5 from beating number 14 while being number 8..

So hooker doing the same thing while being ranked better then when Islam did it must surely mean title shot

Its only fair

Fighting down in the rankings makes sense for Hooker but why should Moises fight someone ranked higher than Islam was when Moisis lost to him. It doesn't make sense. Hooker should fight Gregor who won his last fight and deserves to fight up in the rankings.

Even coming off a 2 loss win streak? Hooker/Gillespie would be fun/make a lot more sense
Makes a lot more sense than Hooker vs Moises. Moises lost to Islam who was ranked 9th so he shouldn't be fighting Hooker cause he is ranked higher than 9th. Gregor won his last fight so he should fight up in the rankings and Hooker lost his last 2 so should fight down in the rankings.

Hooker needs someone like moises or lower. He needs to get a couple W's to get confidence again. All the top 10 wants him right now for the easy win.

He went to rank number 5 from beating number 14 while being number 8..

So hooker doing the same thing while being ranked better then when Islam did it must surely mean title shot

Its only fair

Your comment implies that Hooker's current rank (and Islam's rank before fighting Moises) were correct.

The rankings "committee" can correct prior ranking errors at any time.

That said, yes a dominant win by Hooker would move him up, passing Tony and maybe even RDA (if they stay inactive like they have while Islam racked up 2 finishes)

Back