Good straight to DVD movies.

Dale and Tucker vs Evil was fuckin' awesome

I hate to keep doing this in this thread--I really don't mean to be a pretentious asshole and I feel I'm coming off as one--but Tucker and Dale did get a theatrical run.

I'm starting to think that many people just don't have independent theaters in their towns/cities, and so, of course, if a movie didn't hit the main run theater chains that means it didn't go to theaters at all.

I hate to keep doing this in this thread--I really don't mean to be a pretentious asshole and I feel I'm coming off as one--but Tucker and Dale did get a theatrical run.

I'm starting to think that many people just don't have independent theaters in their towns/cities, and so, of course, if a movie didn't hit the main run theater chains that means it didn't go to theaters at all.
wow what a pretentious asshole you are. jesus christ.

raw

lol nah jk

and yeah i honestly dont think there is an independent movie theater in my city. there might be but i dont think so i probably would of heard about it. great movie though for real.

Sherbros,
What are some good (if there are any) straight to dvd movies?

Im hoping at least one makes the list?

They are all the same.

(I stream everything these days, so I wouldn't know)

Never Back Down 2. It was better than the first one.

Love Bone Tomahawk but it saw some theater play.
It actually came out straight to vod and redbox, they only recently started playing it in theaters ,I got into it because I was a fan of "banshee".

raw

lol nah jk

and yeah i honestly dont think there is an independent movie theater in my city. there might be but i dont think so i probably would of heard about it. great movie though for real.

Yeah, you usually have to be in a city that's fairly large to have an indie theater. And even then, like you say, they can be kind of hidden unless you're just really into movies and go looking for that sort of thing.

It actually came out straight to vod and redbox, they only recently started playing it in theaters ,I got into it because I was a fan of "banshee".

We'll split the difference. The movie actually hit theaters for the first time back in October and got a concurrent VOD release on the same day. So I guess in a sense it did go STV but not in the way that people think when you use that term.

Remember when STV movies were always horrible? Im glad we don't live in that time anymore.

Bone tomahawk is a recent one that was great

Back