Good schools in Toronto

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Gus Chiggins, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Gus Chiggins

Gus Chiggins Blue Belt

Hey, I'm gonna be in this city for about the next three to four months, and I was looking for a place to train. Does anybody know of any good MMA schools? I'm looking for standup training too, but a really good Grappling school might be enough reason to dissuade me from going to a full out MMA school.

Thanks.

2. esum80

esum80 แทงเข่าขวา

which part of the city are you in? access to car/transit?

3. Gus Chiggins

Gus Chiggins Blue Belt

I'm around the north side of Scarborough, near steeles, but I don't mind commuting. I might have access to a car, but I don't mind taking public transit.

4. Junglist

Junglist Green Belt

like what intersection? could you be like markham and steeles? or like warden and steeles.

Im from Scarborough myself.

5. ostapbjj

ostapbjj Orange Belt

6. esum80

esum80 แทงเข่าขวา

7. Toronto BJJ

Toronto BJJ White Belt

If you are willing to travel check us out Toronto BJJ, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts ), Muay Thai, Boxing, Wrestling, Judo, Strength & Conditioning, Canada

Our stand up is pretty good with head Muay Thai and MMA coach Mauricio Veio and K-1 fighter Andre Dida calling Toronto BJJ home (they help train Shogun Rua).

Our Jiu-Jitsu is pretty solid with Saulo Ribeiro and Royler Gracie Black belt and 2009 No-GI Masters absolute World champion Jorge Britto leading the classes.

We are not a tough guy gym, but we have a lot of fun and those who compete tend to be very successful.

Cheers,

Josh