Good schools in Toronto

Gus Chiggins

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey, I'm gonna be in this city for about the next three to four months, and I was looking for a place to train. Does anybody know of any good MMA schools? I'm looking for BJJ too, but a really good striking school might be enough reason to dissuade me from going to a full out MMA school. I'm not even opposed to martial arts other than Muay Thai for standup, because all of them are effective.

Thanks.

Hey, I'm gonna be in this city for about the next three to four months, and I was looking for a place to train. Does anybody know of any good MMA schools? I'm looking for BJJ too, but a really good striking school might be enough reason to dissuade me from going to a full out MMA school. I'm not even opposed to martial arts other than Muay Thai for standup, because all of them are effective.

Thanks.

Try Toronto BJJ and Evolucao Thai. Down by Christie and Bloor. I believe its kinda like UDL Toronto. I think one of the BJJ trainers is Saulo Ribeiro and the MT trainer is Veio (Andre Dida's brother). Great guy, I did a private with him when I was back in TO

Toronto BJJ, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, MMA ( Mixed Martial Arts ), Muay Thai, Boxing, Wrestling, Judo, Strength & Conditioning, Canada
!!! EVOLUCAO MUAY THAI !!!

Where in Toronto are you going to be? There's a number of top notch Muay Thai places in the city.

If you're downtown TKMT and Krudar are good places to train for Muay Thai. As ffjek said, Toronto BJJ has both top-notch BJJ and Muay Thai which might be what you want if you're thinking MMA.

For BJJ there is also Mecca MMA which is located in the same building as TKMT. They used to have a joint membership to both clubs for something like $130 for unlimited training but I don't know if they have that still. Mark Stables is the head trainer there and I hear that he is highly respected in the Canadian BJJ scene.

If you're more uptown TKMT has another location near Eglinton and Yonge and there is also Siam No. 1 in North York. Siam No1 has top-notch Muay Thai.

There's an Xtreme Couture gym in southern Etobicoke (west end of Toronto, outside the downtown core) but I have no idea what the training is like there and it's expensive.

Here's some links
MECCA MMA:
Toronto Kickboxing & Muay Thai (TKMT) Academy Inc.
Krudar MuayThai - Toronto, Thai Boxing, Fitness, Boxercise, Downtown, Kick Boxing Gym, Private Training, Self Defense, Weight Loss
Muay Thai Siam no.1 Toronto Ontario Canada

Are you in the core or in the burbs? There a few very good school in the city now. It comes down to how close you to each school and atmosphere you prefer.

Back