Good muay thai in Northern Virginia?

rms13

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I recently moved to the NOVA area a couple of months ago. I'm living in Fairfax County and working in Tyson's Corner. Does anyone have suggestions on good places to train? I started training at Capital Muay Thai. I like it there but Loudon can take up to two hours to get to in rush hour and Alexandria takes me at least an hour and for the money, there are only 2-3 classes a week I can realistically make it to. The place I trained before I moved had an open training policy where you can show up anytime they are open and work out which was like 3-9pm M-F and Saturdays.

Basically looking for a place that at least has enough options that I can train 4-5 days a week once I get my stamina back up and get some sparring in.

Thanks I've heard varied things about LA boxing but this location does at least seem to have a lot of classes on the schedule. I will check them out. Smaller classes are good too. Where I've been training you get over 40 people in a week night class which makes it hard to get personal attention. It also makes it hard to move around and dangerous when people are throwing people down around you

I live in Herndon, VA and will likely be starting a program in the near future. I'm come back from Thailand next week. Let me know if you are interested.

I'm a college student at GMU (Fairfax) and would be interested.

One Spirit also has a decent Muay Thai program. They have a few gyms around the NoVA area, and I've had good experiences with them.

The real trick is getting somewhere without a car, haha.

I'm a college student at GMU (Fairfax) and would be interested.

One Spirit also has a decent Muay Thai program. They have a few gyms around the NoVA area, and I've had good experiences with them.

The real trick is getting somewhere without a car, haha.

Kai Zen MMA may be a good choice for you to check out, it is on Picket Rd, so it would be close.

Our coach just won the IKF World Classic at Heavyweight a few weeks ago.

Kai Zen MMA may be a good choice for you to check out, it is on Picket Rd, so it would be close.

Our coach just won the IKF World Classic at Heavyweight a few weeks ago.

Yeah, I have a friend from GMU who trains there, and he has had nothing but good things to say about it. I plan on dropping by once the Fall 2010 semester starts.

Sean's Muay Thai class isn't listed on the schedule....most of what you heard about LA Boxing is probably true and I only attended his Muay Thai class after the gym was technically closed....his class is completely separate from the LA boxing workout classes.....it starts at 9:00 PM and ends at 10:30 PM during the week and goes 2 hours on the weekend after the classes get out....although the fitness classes are good for cardio and the gym's open all day to hit the heavy or speed bags..

I was thinking about training here because it is in close proximity to where I live. Couple of questions for you since you seem to have some experience with the place.

1. is sean's class part of signing up at the gym or is there a separate fee?
2. how much are gym fee's, can you sign up month to month?
3. does LA boxing have any weight lifting equipment, (power/squat rack, bench press)?

thanks.

I just wanted to chime in that I've trained with Ryukyu Damashi and he's definitely my recommendation for coaches in that area.

pardon to bring up the old thread, but I would also like to know where's the best place to train for muay thai, along with whom is the best instructor for it. I'm looking toward gracieva and lloydirvin. Any thoughts?

Come and check out my class. It's a small class , but we teach authentic Muay Thai. The majority of my students have trained in Thailand and know what Muay Thai really is.

Here is a video of one of my fighters and I messing around on pads after class tonight.

YouTube - Hiro 2.0 Super Duper Test

Oh, and the thread starter did join my program.

Back