Good MMA wrestlers with a non-wrestling background

GSP
Ray Borg
Glover T.
Demian Maia
Rafael Dos Anjos

What are you basing this off? TD ability? TDD?
What kind of wrestling are you talking about?
Do you know anything at all about the various sports of wrestling?

GSP has good TD's in an MMA fight against guys who are "just about to" punch him.
Aldo has good TDD against wrestlers who are scared of getting kicked or punched.

Without strikes, Mendes would easily pin Aldo in a wrestling match.
Without strikes, Josh Koscheck would pin GSP in a wrestling match.

Dude asked for "MMA wrestling". Includes the ability to take an opponent down in MMA, prevent the takedown in MMA, ride and stand up.

Tatsuya Kawajiri

Started training Combat Sports at 19 and is now primarily a wrestler when he fights. Before that he trained baseball. Amazing considering how late he started.

Kawajiri stands out. Beside him, Donghyun Kim is very confident with his wrestling.

Obviously GSP is the first answer for everyone. I wanted to say Tibau but I looked it up and he was a state champion in wrestling when he was younger

What are you basing this off? TD ability? TDD?
What kind of wrestling are you talking about?
Do you know anything at all about the various sports of wrestling?

GSP has good TD's in an MMA fight against guys who are "just about to" punch him.
Aldo has good TDD against wrestlers who are scared of getting kicked or punched.

Without strikes, Mendes would easily pin Aldo in a wrestling match.
Without strikes, Josh Koscheck would pin GSP in a wrestling match.

I'd like to start with: its not my thread. Somehow my first reply got put above TS's (second post).

Then, I'd like to ask you: of the long list of wrestlers and grapplers that Aldo and GSP have fought:

Hendricks
Shields
Koscheck
Penn
Fitch
Hughes
Sherk
Trigg
Miller
Hieron
Parysian

Mendes
Lamas
Jung
Edgar
Faber
Brown

Which of these has out wrestled GSP or Aldo, both who didn't come from a wrestling background?

So he wrestled, and then he wrestled some more?
Dude has been wrestling his whole life.

Sambo is his main style, background and where he got his pre-MMA accomplishments.

Hacran Dias is probably one of the best none wrestlers in the UFC.
He out wrestled Elkins.

Back