Good Karate Simulation Games

LeoGyakazuki

White Belt
Reaction score
I have David Douillet's Judo for Ps2 and I have to say that's really a good simulation of the sport. I was just wondering if you happen to know a good karate simulation game, much like David Douillet's Judo, if not then a beat-em-up is okay, preferably with realistic shotokan moves.

I remember there was a karate game for PC back in 92 or 93. It was solid and i played it a bunch; you could do wooden swords, bo staff, bare hands, or nunchucks i think, but i havent kept up with TMA gaming. Have you found anything thats good after your searching?

Wow, never could get it to work on the compurter, didn't know there was a PS2 version but can't find it to buy anyways. Karate Master 2: Knockdown Blow is a pretty awesome game. I would definitely suggest trying it out.

it works fine in my comp, also has iso for ps2, but the only thing I have is in French s'why I have the PC version. It's pretty real, I'll try to check that out. Thanks!

Ah, I know that game haven't tried it but seen it. Would you happen to know more in the lines of 3d simulation?

If you have a PC, I second Slick_36 in recommending Karate Master 2: Knock Down Blow.

Master Karateka

I don't remember if it sucked

Just play Shenmue

Fighting game(s) with Karate-styled characters?

The only thing I can think of is the K-1 game for the PS2. There are some good karateka in it and it's a solid game.

I remember there was a karate game for PC back in 92 or 93. It was solid and i played it a bunch; you could do wooden swords, bo staff, bare hands, or nunchucks i think, but i havent kept up with TMA gaming. Have you found anything thats good after your searching?

Dude that game was sick. I remember it looked great too, amazing backgrounds and graphics in general

International Karate + for the Commodore 64

Thanks! good simulation of fighting games I've played are pridefc for ps2, pridefc 2003 is only good just because of fighters. UFC for ps1, the ufc games for ps2 are also good, but not better than pride. And David Douillet

k-1 for ps1 is really good, k1ps2 so so. Haven't played ufc undsptd because I don't have ps3, and guess its not coming to pc. Thanks anways!

The striking in the newest UFC game is excellent. Though I am guessing it's not an option.

When it comes to good Karate games i'm the man to talk to. How about this classic for the PSX Ichigeki Hagane No Hito

Play this on PSX emulator for whatever os you have.

The number one hands down all time best TMA game has to be Taekwondo that came out on the Super Famicom

The best resource for stand up fighting videogames is in this thread

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f42/kickboxing-videogames-you-may-never-heard-1664175/

Thanks for the link, it was useful, Thought I found out that aside from 80s-early90s most karate games are of kyokushin inspiration.

hqdefault.jpg

Back