Media Good interview with DC

Lando

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

- Not scared of Jones, willing to fight him a third time at 205, not heavyweight.
- Isn't worried either way, his legacy is bigger than 1 opponent
- Anticipates a harder fight with Stipe, possibly 5 rounds
- Says he deserves to be in the GOAT talks if he wins
- Taking it fight by fight in terms of retirement

Good interviewer too.

He will never be in the conversation for greatest fighter of all time with those losses to Jones. He knows that. It’s just not possible. The best guy of the era, is Jones. That’s the guy you need to beat.

Yeah, this is way better than that Schmo shit lol.

I fucks with Jones but always a huge DC fan. Glad he got the HW title to get outta Jon's shadow.

<DC-Champ>

He will never be in the conversation for greatest fighter of all time with those losses to Jones. He knows that. It’s just not possible. The best guy of the era, is Jones. That’s the guy you need to beat.

upload_2019-8-13_23-30-20.png

And there was no USADA testing for the first fight. Jones seems to have changed since USADA came around. The best performance post USADA was against DC, a fight where he tested positive.

Cormier has remained the same pre & post usada. Who knows if DC would even have a legit loss on his record if USADA was around for the first fight. Just another no contest for him

View attachment 629573

And there was no USADA testing for the first fight. Jones seems to have changed since USADA came around. The best performance post USADA was against DC, a fight where he tested positive.

Cormier has remained the same pre & post usada. Who knows if DC would even have a legit loss on his record if USADA was around for the first fight. Just another no contest for him

Legacies are not built on excusing losses. You either win or you lose. He needs to beat Jones. Listen to that interview. He understands this.

Legacies are not built on excusing losses. You either win or you lose. He needs to beat Jones. Listen to that interview. He understands this.

Legacies also aren't built on justifying the reasons why drugs are in your body. "USADA said it's like a pinch of a salt inside of a Olympic sized swimming pool" how many times has Jones said that? First it was the dick pills, then it was the picograms.

Of course Cormier is going to say this as a competitor. He was in there and he ended up losing both times. There was no way of knowing that Jon Jones was 100% on steroids during those fights when they took place. So he was under the impression that Jon Jones beat him legit for a whole month before the news came out

Regardless of what anybody says, it'll always be the Jones fans saying DC can't be the GOAT unless he beats Jon, and it'll always be the DC fans saying Jones isn't the GOAT because of his steroid use. Why hasn't DC ever popped for roids by the way? Just wondering.

DC beats Jones the third time.

If he wins Saturday & retires, then Jones goes on to get beat 5+ times like Aldo, Anderson, & Fedor, their resumes won't even be close. Not to mention Jones got caught cheating twice while fighting & preparing to fight DC.

It's a unique situation where one can be as accomplished as Cormier yet never be the goat.. Solely for another guy who is so rarely above and beyond every other fighter that just so happened to have beat him twice. That's why he keeps chasing Jon because in his soul he knows without that win he is behind him. It's just a weird situation based on that technicality but it's a valid one.

DC has stake as the GOAT because he is only man never to taste defeat as a natty other than Khabib under USADA

I haven't noticed any visible sign of decline in DC despite his age and he's undefeated at HW. Normally I'd say anybody over 40 should retire but he did get into MMA pretty late, all he really has to worry about if he gets past Stipe is Ngannou.

I haven't noticed any visible sign of decline in DC despite his age and he's undefeated at HW. Normally I'd say anybody over 40 should retire but he did get into MMA pretty late, all he really has to worry about if he gets past Stipe is Ngannou.

DC mentioned that Ngannou isn’t getting a fight at this point in his career, only big time fights. It seems like it’s Jon Jones or Lesnar before retirement.

If you haven’t noticed physical decline in DC, you’re not paying attention. He’s considerably slower than he was 5-7 years ago. If you can, watch his fight with Stipe (admittedly short) or his fight with BB and then immediately after watch his fights with Barnett or Bigfoot. It is night and day. His speed, head movement and level changes are all substantially worse.

If this logic is valid and reliable, then GSP's loss to Matt Serra should be disqualifying from GOAT contender discussions.

I don't believe that Daniel Cormier is GOAT contender because I have looked at his UFC resume, and it didn't convince me of his greatness.

His insistence on fighting Jones at LHW bothers me.

Baddest man in the world weight. C'mon

If you haven’t noticed physical decline in DC, you’re not paying attention. He’s considerably slower than he was 5-7 years ago. If you can, watch his fight with Stipe (admittedly short) or his fight with BB and then immediately after watch his fights with Barnett or Bigfoot. It is night and day. His speed, head movement and level changes are all substantially worse.
Indeed. He seems to win by being a tank. He can withstand all manner of early blitz and takes the guy out when oppurtunity presents itself with forward pressure. How long he can withstand? i dunno.

His insistence on fighting Jones at LHW bothers me.

Baddest man in the world weight. C'mon
I dont understand your problem with this. What difference does it make? He would seem to have the advantage at HW, he has prospered in both divisions,and both his "losses" to Jones have been at LHW

What legacy does this clown think he has. He’s known for using eye pokes against stipe, lost to jones twice, split close decision to Gustafson, and has solid wins to rumble but he got hurt bad. Everything he’s done has a big asterisk by it. Fake double champ

Back