Good idea?

vincent80

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok ... Little info first. I've had siatica (for those that don't know what that is: imagine a screwdriver constantly being stabbed into your glutes causing a shooting pain all the way down to your ankle) the last 4 months. Before I got injured I was in the process of dropping 30+ lbs, trained MT 6-8 x a week. Recently it has let up ... I would say it's at 65-70% healed so Imma start training in another 2-4 weeks. Anyways I've put on some weight .... I have adequate muscle mass , my focus us to lose fat asap. I am 110% dedicated to whatever is the mist effective diet to do so. I want to keep as much muscle mass as possible while losing fat. Here's the question, would this be an effective diet.

Breakfast: Protein shake with fruit and 2 eggs
Meal 2: salad with low fat dressing
Meal 3: 1 chicken breast
Meal 4: salad with low fat dressing
Meal 5: 1 chicken breast
Meal 6: salad with low fat dressing
Meal 7: protein shake

Umm ... I'm not asking for a short cut or anything. I just want the simplest diet as possible to be on for my goals. My question was is that^ one adequate for my goals? I see your sig ...

Ohhh ....was it because I said "asap"? Yes I would like to lose weight as soon ad possible ... I don't think that means over night ... I lost 30 lbs over a 6 month period by busting my ass but I did lose 16 of it the first 6 weeks... Was that wrong of me?

I would switch out the salads with some more nutritious veggies like spinach, broccoli, etc. Also, that diet is going to get boring very quickly. Longevity and adherence becomes an issue with something like that. Switch out the chicken breasts for some other meats.

It seems like you are trying to go low-carb and low-fat. If you are going to cut out most of the carbs, you will need to up the fat. Don't be afraid of fat. Things like olive oil, nuts, and fatty meat are good to throw in.

Forget about my sig, that's for the magic berry people and shit. I just like to overreact sometimes.

If you are honest in your post, you...
...are quite likely over training.
...have no variety in your diet.
...appear to be afraid of dietary fat (but good on you for eating the whole egg).
...should spend some time reading the stickies, even though its cliche to say.
...have something against chickens.

Forget about my sig, that's for the magic berry people and shit. I just like to overreact sometimes.

...appear to be afraid of dietary fat (but good on you for eating the whole egg).

He'd be eating more eggs if this was true.

Yes ... The reality is I've overtrained for the last 3 months of my training up until I had to stop bout a month ago.

I have nothing against dietary fat ... right now U eat 3-4 steaks a week (none trimmed) I eat bacon, whole eggs etc.... It's just right now I can't train like I need too and I don't want to gain anymore weight. So I need to get in a diet that'll help me lose fat with minimal training. I can only be active around 3x a week. I run 2-3 miles one day, do hiit sprints another and then play bball for about 2-3 hours another day. The only thing that is healing my siatica is doing absolutely nothing. So it's a delicate balance. Oh and I lift 1-2x a week. I'm one of those guys that doesn't feel right when not training my ass off.

drop the protein shakes and eat real food. base your diet around veggies, meat, and healthy fats such as dressing you make yourself with olive oil, and cooking your meat in coconut oil or butter. keep fruit to a minimum, maybe 1-2 bananas or apples a day - citrus fruits you can eat an unlimited amount if you want something sweeter to eat. a good snack is a piece of cheese and an orange. it's sweet and satiating. mostly though, eat veggies, meats, and fats.

once a week or so have a burger or pizza or something.

it's rather simple actually. if you follow these guidelines for 4-6 weeks you'll definitely lose weight.

drop the protein shakes and eat real food. base your diet around veggies, meat, and healthy fats such as dressing you make yourself with olive oil, and cooking your meat in coconut oil or butter. keep fruit to a minimum, maybe 1-2 bananas or apples a day - citrus fruits you can eat an unlimited amount if you want something sweeter to eat. a good snack is a piece of cheese and an orange. it's sweet and satiating. mostly though, eat veggies, meats, and fats.

it's rather simple actually. if you follow these guidelines for 4-6 weeks you'll definitely lose weight.

Why do you say unlimited citrus fruit?

I like this and would just ad some seeds and nuts to it. Also fatty meat is as good a fat source as butter or coconut oil. And for the citrus fruits - oranges have as much carbs as apples I think and are not sour so you could eat "too many" of those as well as apples.

Back