Good Home Use Mats Recommendation

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by CYKO, Aug 1, 2015.

1. CYKO Yellow Belt

Grapplers, does anyone have any recommendations for home mats? Maybe 10x10 for ground grappling, and maybe buy a separate thick pad on top for judo purposes.

Value, quality, pros/cons, convenience of storage, etc. Any comments appreciated. Thanks!

2. RTD1 Blue Belt

10X10

Dollamur

Do not pay full price, check the Dollamur store on eBay, usually once every few days he'll have a mat on sale for well below list price, sometimes a lot less if it's an odd color or something.

3. TrogBjj White Belt

http://www.getrung.com/ will get you something kind of in the middle and work great. The mats can taken up stacked and stored but not something you really want to do often. Check craigslist in your area for wrestling mats that are used or i have seen wholesale guys selling mats with no name. I wouldn't buy a full set of professional mats unless you get some being re sold for a low cost. They are pricey new and selling them can be difficult due to size.

4. Badger67 Taxidea taxus

This, and you can still work takedowns on it unlike puzzle mats.

5. TheHereticJay I scoff at your belt rankings

Puzzle mats make you really appreciate break falls.

And while I hate to say this, the Gracie mats aren't bad for just a 10x10 area.