Good fighters you're not sold on

I wasnt sold on overeem for the longest time, he is finally gritting it out and holding up against tough fighters,so my hats off to him.

He won the k-1 but spong was the only guy he beat in the finals that wasnt shot to shit. Ducked schilt,and badr beat him in the rematch.

Every fighter ever. I just need them to lose so I can hate on 'em.

Again: Conor.

The weird thing is the amazing quick buildup of Conor. The whole "he makes other fighters millionaires" thing is like... since when? Since Mendes in July? People seem to forget that he fought Dennis Fucking Siver before that.

Weird that everyone has bought into this whole "He owns the Game" thing -- including, seemingly, the UFC.

I guess I underestimated how panicked they'd be after they lost Rhonda.

Tyron Woodley

He never looks good fighting top competition. The Condit fight he was on his way to winning but the fact that condits leg gave out tainted the win. His loss to Rory is what makes me need to see him get a really good win under his belt without controversy.

How could you not be sold on overeem hes fought so many good fighters won many belts lol

The problem with him is consistency and his ability to pull a loss out of his ass. The Travis Browne fight for instance, he didn't get front kicked in the face out of nowhere and finished, Browne must've thrown that kick a half dozen times before it connected clean, and Overeem kept walking into it the same way every time. He seems to have turned things around, but there was a time when he lost fights in the dumbest ways.

Again: Conor.

The weird thing is the amazing quick buildup of Conor. The whole "he makes other fighters millionaires" thing is like... since when? Since Mendes in July? People seem to forget that he fought Dennis Fucking Siver before that.

Weird that everyone has bought into this whole "He owns the Game" thing -- including, seemingly, the UFC.

I guess I underestimated how panicked they'd be after they lost Rhonda.

i think it was due to the fact he talked so much shit and then KO'd the #1 p4p fighter in 13 seconds

Conor.

No doubt he's good, but he's gotta be the least proven out of all the champs. He has yet to fight a guy his own size, and he has yet to show he can stop a grappler that has the cardio expected at that level. Every other champ has passed pretty much every martial arts test but Conor.
I remember people claiming aldo had the best grappling at featherweight.

Holly Holm and Max Holloway.

LOL at all the Conor stuff here.

Conor. Guy definitely is good, but his two best wins were 2week camp mendes (that is literally a weight cut for him) and a 13 sec ko of Aldo. JDS did the same thing to Cain and look at the rematches.

i think it was due to the fact he talked so much shit and then KO'd the #1 p4p fighter in 13 seconds

So we're talking about something he did less than 90 days ago. And now everyone has to fight at McGregor weight? I think the UFC needs to learn how to promote more than one fighter at a time. (And maybe look into promoting nonwhite fighters.) Just a tip.

Conor - he starves himself to fight FW midgets. It would be the equivalent of Luke Rockhold starving himself to fight WWs.

But you want to know how this thread will go 50 pages?

BJ PENN. Even in his prime, I never saw what was so great about that guy. Decent fighter at times but that's about it.

So we're talking about something he did less than 90 days ago. And now everyone has to fight at McGregor weight? I think the UFC needs to learn how to promote more than one fighter at a time. (And maybe look into promoting nonwhite fighters.) Just a tip.

Conor promotes himself. What is your obsession with white fighters?

Back