Good fighters you're not sold on

The obvious answer is Josh Mario John, he has systematically been fed short notice, favorable stylistic match ups or mentally broken fighters. I wouldn't want to say his winning is beginning to look suspect, but Nate Diaz? Why....

Mcgregor unless he beats Nate then RDA which then ill agree hes the best fighter below WW.

Condit is my main answer though, everyone seems to love him and i get quoted by angry Condit fans everytime i mention him. Hes 2-4 of his last 6 ffs.

Conor. No doubt dude has balls and is a fighter but he needs a couple more tests before I'm convinced. RDA would have gone a long way to convince me.

Robbie Lawler. Love this guy but think he actually lost a couple fights even though decison went his way. Most definite not best fighter in division. Reign I believe will be short lived.

Define 'sold on'.

If you mean compared to their Sherdog rep -

Cyborg (considered a clear best or second best by many when we in fact have no clue how she would do against the modern BW division)
Gus (very good but I don't buy he would necessarily beat Glover or Davis in a rematch much less destroy them as most assume)
Hunt (might largely be fan love but it's odd how people treat him as top notch and act like Mir is a huge underdog to him when he is in his 40's, often out of shape, recently got blown out by Stipe, etc)
Rose (abilities seem overstated compared to others in the division due to her dynamism)
Duffy (I know he isn't a big name like the others I listed, but the amount of hype he got for a bit solely for defeating Conor in the past to the point people were outraged at him being on prelims was ODD. If anything Poirier should have been the one they were outraged for being more accomplished and well...)

Makwan Amirkhani, Justin Scoggins, Tom Breeze, Conor McGregor's training partners, Taylor Lapilus, Jimmie Rivera, Ovince Saint Preux, Michael Chiesa and Kevin Lee. Also, I am not confident in Stipe doing great against Fabricio.

Robbie Lawler. Love this guy but think he actually lost a couple fights even though decison went his way. Most definite not best fighter in division.

I don't know about this... you could argue he never really proved to be better than Hendricks but regarding Condit, I would say that even if you thought he should have lost the decision, their striking seemed close enough overall that Lawler's better TDD should give him the nod as the better fighter overall. He may not be a clear best to say he's definitely not the best is stretching it - who is definitely better than him, Wonderboy? If he beats Wonderboy that would help his argument for being better than Hendricks too, and he already beat Rory twice. Maia and Lombard could maybe beat him but I don't agree with 'most definite not best' just because he has some close fights.

Also, his reign is already better than average at this point lol.

Weidman
Rockhold
Woodley
Dillashaw
Rothwell
Overeem

WAS never sold on Floruan in his day either. Couldn't stand him.

Cody Garbrandt

Have to agree with this one .. He's a head hunter who fights with his chin up, so I expect his luck to run out sooner or later. I didn't see anything in his last fight that said "well rounded MMA fighter".

I am a skeptical by nature.

I am looking at Champions only. If not, my list would be too big.

But at the moment, I would doubt Holy and Conor most, if they fight elte guys with opposing styles (great TakeDowns mostly).
if they beat elite TD artists, I'd be sold on them.

Until then, I reserve the right to remain skeptical.

Jon Jones. I feel like he's pretty good, but he hasn't really fought anyone his own age yet.

Conor.

No doubt he's good, but he's gotta be the least proven out of all the champs. He has yet to fight a guy his own size, and he has yet to show he can stop a grappler that has the cardio expected at that level. Every other champ has passed pretty much every martial arts test but Conor.

brandao
poirier
mendes (yeah no camp blah blah whatever)
ALDO

and size? buchinger, poirier, aldo, holloway (height wise)
and a bunch of other no names.

Cejudo, Wonderboy, Magny, and Holm.

Good choice. I kind of think Almeida too. Not by a lot though, some are just claiming he's way better than he is. His striking defense needs some real work.

tommy_lee_jones_66429.jpg

I'm not even a Conor fan but come on...

56245910.jpg

ommggg that Randa avatar always makes me want to take some alone time.

Back