Good FAQ on NCAA Banned substances - Answers why Muscle Milk is banned

so ur saying that is a bad product? I just heard that it helps you gain muscle and I really need it cauz im 145 pounds and I need to gain and be stronger.

SO will i be tested positive? No i guess

Yes, it's a bad product. If you want to gain weight and get stronger, you need to worry primarily about your lifting and eating. Intelligent supplementation can help, but intelligent this is not.

Test positive for what? I told you what kind of product it was and linked to the NCAA's rules. I don't see any conflicts, do you? Look up the full ingredients list yourself if you want.

Why in the hell would you be putting something into your body with no idea what's in it, what it does, or even who fucking makes it?

Good point.

have u ever taken any supplements before I know what it does I dont know who makes it. I know whats inside of it. Plus the fact that lot of fellow athletes told me that the majority of D1 athletes take it

Apparently who don't know what's in it, or you don't know the NCAA rules. One of the two. And this is a strange place to come to learn about NCAA rules, so naturally, we assumed the former.

The majority of D1 athletes do not take Black Powder. :icon_conf

I ll do that i was just wondering about the drug tests cauz i dont want to get positive for just protein and creatine. Im not taking any steroids or hormoines. I am just trying different products thats all. I dont have expirience as Im 18 yesrs old.

can u explain to me though why black powder is a BAD product and why theres absolutely no reason to take it? What is a good product according to you?

can u explain to me though why black powder is a BAD product and why theres absolutely no reason to take it? What is a good product according to you?

Most people here will just tell you to read the stickies but I will give you a freebie on this one. Black Powder has 2 main uses:
1) it provides energy for lifting - this can be replicated with some caffeine and b vitamins (thats all that is in there)

2) the arginine increases NO which helps with recovery and pump and whatnot - this simply doesn't work. The studies on arginine supplementation show that it doesn't work.

A good supplement is one that works and is not massively overpriced for what it does. For example Creatine and Beta Alanine both cost 25 cents per serving or less.

2) the arginine increases NO which helps with recovery and pump and whatnot - this simply doesn't work. The studies on arginine supplementation show that it doesn't work.

this isnt actually entirely accurate. ORAL arginine is pointless. injectable arginine is another story, and the basis for the entire arginine = NO hype machine is based off of old studies showing drastic nitric oxide increases using intravenous infusion with some crazy amount that would be impossible to reach with oral supplementation. any studies trying to replicate this with oral delivery had lots of problems with people getting really bad stomach pain. this is true with a lot of the hype in the supplement industry. a lot of interesting scenarios can be achieved using injectable forms of amino acids, but its a hard sell to tell a guy to pin himself a couple times a day with carnitine, B12, arginine, etc... so they put in a pill and quote the studies using intramuscular injection. there is some merit in the vaso dilation claims, but that is easily achieved without swallowing a bunch of pills. insulin is a great vaso dilator, so you can attribute the "pump:icon_neut" to the increased blood flow allowed by the insulin surge from the sugar in the product,

Back