Good example of keeping your chin down to avoid getting dropped

Right Hook nut shot

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
A lot of UFC fighters tend to have their chins up in the air ex. Conor, Till, Gastelum, Wonderboy, Gunnar ect..

This is a good example why its important to keep your chin low. Davis was eating those shots like nothing.

Poirier actually showed some amazing defense on saturday. Him and Khabib have some great striking defense

Poirier actually showed some amazing defense on saturday. Him and Khabib have some great striking defense

Agreed, even though I was team Blessed, I couldn't help but admire his defense. Didn't let Max get much going and made him respect his power out the gate.

This. Poirier's boxing was just so fucking crisp. I'm not a boxing fanboy at all, but it's so beautiful to watch high level striking in MMA. DP's Skull and Crossbones was sick. Max was banging his hands up on Dustin's elbows and forearms while eating short, snapping counters. Max is a really great boxer as well, but the defense of DP was where its at.

Not the best example to be honest.
In this case he blocked the shots mostly with his arms, the chin is barely touched.

Agreed, even though I was team Blessed, I couldn't help but admire his defense. Didn't let Max get much going and made him respect his power out the gate.
Khabib will loose to Poirier, Conor, Hollaway, Tony and many more if it is purely standup fight. Khabib's best striking defense is his wrestling.

iu

Wow Costa is a wild child. He’s only 4-0 why is he in the UFC? Not doubting his talent or skill set but the moment you get released from the UFC you’re automatically known as UFC castoff. Hopefully he doesn’t wash out. Kid is still young.

the moment you get released from the UFC you’re automatically known as UFC castoff. Hopefully he doesn’t wash out. Kid is still young.
The ufc is known for letting young talent go. Just ask Erik Silva..

Wow Costa is a wild child. He’s only 4-0 why is he in the UFC? Not doubting his talent or skill set but the moment you get released from the UFC you’re automatically known as UFC castoff. Hopefully he doesn’t wash out. Kid is still young.

He was toe curling everyone he faced in under a minute. Comes from a good camp in Lauzon MMA. I agree with u though.

what's your secret? "I have a big head, and keep my chin down"

time stamped

Back