Good chance Conor won’t fight in the UFC again

And this is a bad thing because???

Everything Dana has been trying to do for the past 10 years is take relevance off the fighters and a very long term plan. Now with the ESPN deal it’s done exactly that. Conor was exactly what they needed at the time leading into the sale and now it’s just a totally different business model all together.

PPV numbers don’t matter anymore because espn has decided to eat a huge loss from the UFC deal short term to help them transition into digital. There will never be any other huge non title fights. They want to make the belts seem meaningful as much as possible to further legitimize the sport aspect LONG TERM. Huge non title fights are more of a show.

This leaves Conor in a spot where he’s never going to make the money he used to off PPV splits and he’s sure as hell never going to co-main. Financially it will make zero sense for him to fight and they won’t budge on the no non-title main event. Same goes for Brock and others...those days are over. With espn the UFC will not be reliant on single fighters to push big PPVs and that’s exactly what they wanted.

Conor doesn't need to fight again he already has 100 million in the bank and is continuing to make more millions with his whisky. At this point it's the UFC that needs Conor because of their declining popularity not the other way round

People said that two years ago after he fought Floyd and look how wrong they were.

Conor will fight again and the new ESPN deal does nothing to change that. I think he'll probably fight twice by the end of this year.
People also said he was scared to fight khabib back then ..... now people like the fella above you think it's because hes scared of fighting everyone ......

People said that two years ago after he fought Floyd and look how wrong they were.

Conor will fight again and the new ESPN deal does nothing to change that. I think he'll probably fight twice by the end of this year.

Twice by the end of this year? Give me some of that crack you are smoking dude.

absolute nonsense.

Conor fighting again helps move his whisky, and Conor is VERY serious about his whisky venture. He will take less money because he knows he will make it back in whisky sales. Also you're batshit insane if you dont think Conor, the UFC, and ESPN wont come together and make a deal for him to fight again. Conor is the biggest name in the history of the sport. What is true and applies to other fighters has no relevance with him. What he wants he will get.

They'll move heaven and earth to get him in that cage again, and I do believe he'll fight for the UFC again. I do think it's true though that the UFC want to have their cake and eat it. They want the brand to be bigger than any fighter, and they want to ride the coattails of the one guy whose name is bigger than their brand.

UFC Fighters aren't making nearly the cash they should - save for a fighter like Conor. It's hard for me to care less about Dana, yet, it's his puffy ass mug that's constantly being pushed - just sad.

There's a lot of people who really don't understand how the ESPN deal works and are over simplifying the deal, if you really think that ESPN are happy for the UFC to put on garbage cards year round that ain't selling 100k PPV's as the new norm your badly mistaken, there will be quarterly or yearly targets that will need to be met or the UFC will receive lower payments.

The info currently circulating has been leaked in the attempt to weaken fighters negotiating power, the ESPN will be far more complex in reality.

Conor vs Khabib 2 would be so big that the UFC would make a 1 event deal with espn for this fight because everybody would make a lot of money. Otherwise yeah, no point in pay paying some superstar 10-20 million when you can pay paye titleholder 500k

Back