Good cardio = good chin?

Ruthless_swag

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
is having good cardio conducive to being able to hard shots ? You won't be as fatigued so I suppose it helps absorb shots better.

Colby
Tony
Jones
DC
gus
etc all have good cardio and great chins.

Good cardio = good recovery.

Good cardio has more to do with good recovery than a good chin, though a solid to great chin is more likely to allow someone to display that recovery.

Think it just seems that way, when you are gassed your ability to avoid a monster shot goes down so much that you are more likely to get caught.

is having good cardio conducive to being able to hard shots ? You won't be as fatigued so I suppose it helps absorb shots better.

Colby
Tony
Jones
DC
gus
No.

It helps.. But mostly because the athletes with good cardio keep moving. and a fighter that keeps moving is harder to hit flush.
So good movement = Good chin IMO.

Yes
Because when u take a big hit your energy system takes a big hit, so the better cardio you have the better you are able to deal with it. It's part of the reason why the Diaz brothers can take such a hit

In most cases yes, but there are anomalies like Bj Penn.

I suppose, if that person is rolling with the punches

It helps.. But mostly because the athletes with good cardio keep moving. and a fighter that keeps moving is harder to hit flush.
So good movement = Good chin IMO.

More like good movement = less likely to have your chin tested...

Good movement and the ability to actually absorb damage are not related.

OP forgot the Diaz brothers, maybe the best example of this.

The body is better conditioned when you have good cardio. Better conditioning=ability take damage

Mark Hunt has shitty cardio.

It's a couple of things, recovery but also as your cardio wanes - your awareness of shots coming is not as good and also in a lot of people their posture is not as good which lends to it being easier to get their brains rattled.

Colby
Tony
Jones
DC
gus

Colby - Crazy
Tony - Psycho
Jones - Steroids
DC - Wrestler neck
Gus - Viking

Back