Good boxing drill *Vid

Sano

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just stumbled on this video of a neat little boxing drill for your feet. Nothing too complicated, but it's effective. Easy to work into a warmup as well.

By extention, I thought I would post a pad session by the same coach. That's quality padwork right there:

It was my impression this was a pretty standard drill for boxing/MT? But always good for people who haven't seen it, there are tons of ways to train.

It was my impression this was a pretty standard drill for boxing/MT? But always good for people who haven't seen it, there are tons of ways to train.
Haven't seen in used in two boxing gyms I used to frequent, a Thai gym or my MMA gym. Seems like a very simple and neat way to effectively work on both coordination, calf muscles/using the frontfoot, and weight shifting in one of the variations.

Last edited:
The first video is from Kenny Weldon's DVD set called "Becoming a better boxer". Great stuff from a great coach.

I've never taken boxing, so this vid seemed pretty good too.

Haven't seen in used in two boxing gyms I used to frequent, a Thai gym or my MMA gym. Seems like a very simple and neat way to effectively work on both coordination, calf muscles/using the frontfoot, and weight shifting in one of the variations.

I may very well be spoiled considering the quality of gyms in Boston, who all feed off each other and trade students and trainers.

I've seen a version of this that uses something that looks like a ladder made of ropes.

Back