Good BJJ Gi brands?

kcruzin

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm starting BJJ soon and I was wondering, what are some good gi brands? I'm not looking for those expensive gi's since I'm just a beginner, but I do want a good quality one that would last me a while. Also, I'm not looking to spend over $100. I saw a Fuji one time for around $65, so would that be a good deal? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm starting BJJ soon and I was wondering, what are some good gi brands? I'm not looking for those expensive gi's since I'm just a beginner, but I do want a good quality one that would last me a while. Also, I'm not looking to spend over $100. I saw a Fuji one time for around $65, so would that be a good deal? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Fuji is an ideal first gi.

I have a Fuji gi. Its a lot cheaper than most of the other brands but it shrunk so much. Make sure you dont put your shit in the dryer at all!

Fuji, Ring to Cage, Gameness, Cageside, Padilla & Sons all make excellent gis for the price.

Thanks for those replies above I appreciate it. Forgot to mention that my teacher sells OTM gi's but they cost about 120. Is that a good deal?

Also, I'm not looking to spend over $100. I saw a Fuji one time for around $65, so would that be a good deal? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Worth taking a look at Meerkatsu's list of sub $100/

Thanks for those replies above I appreciative it. Forgot to mention that my teacher sells OTM gi's but they cost about 120. Is that a good deal?

I'd rather have two Fuji gis for $130 than one OTM for $120, especially if you plan on training more than twice a week.

I am really happy with my Gameness Pearl. Until I get a smoking deal on a different brand of equal quality, I am sticking with the discount my instructor gives me.

Fushida is a little more expensive, but it's the best gi I've worn.

I want to look into Origin, too.

you definitely want to start bjj with a black shoyoroll gi, letting everyone know you take bjj seriously

Fuji for sure. I have gis that are twice the price and the Fuji is still my favorite. People shouldn't be drying their gis in a drier anyway. Makes the fabric brittle.

i vote for Black Eagle or P & S , i only have 1st hand experience with Black Eagle and i can say that they are incredible gi's.

I have heard that Padilla & Sons for the price are a top 5 brand

Fushida is a little more expensive, but it's the best gi I've worn.

I want to look into Origin, too.

That Fushida GS BJJ gi in white makes me salivate.

Too bad I just buy judo gis....

Bjjhq.com sells one item a day starting at 11pm and very often sell gi's that end up being around thirty less than what you pay anywhere else. It's worth checking out but make sure you check right at 11pm because, especially with gi's, they sell out quickly. I've gotten a Tatami and Vulkan from there.

As a side note, you may want to find something labeled with "light" or "ultra light" so you don't feel like you're carrying a wet blanket.

I have come to the conclusion that when it comes to gi's, you really get what you pay for. Every cheaper gi I have tried shrunk a lot, got bent out of shape after a while of washes, some got fuzzy balls and overall made me very unhappy.
I vote for Koral or Atama too. Best gi's out there. But if you really want to go cheaper, most if not all gi's I have had problems with were in the under $100 category.

Lucky Gi. :icon_chee

But seriously, I'd just consider getting a cheap throwaway judogi if you've never trained at all.

Last edited:
I have two fujis, they are great. Were like $70 each. They shrink a lot so get a size up. Ive had one of them for like 1.5 years and its still in great condition.

Ive had a few other gis and they all shrunk a lot as well. The fujis have been my favorite thus far. I wouldnt spend more than $100 for a gi unless you have a really good reason to.

Back