Good analysis on why it seems like Jons has been slowing down

Don’t tell me if it’s good analysis... I’ll make my own judgement.

Actually, I’m not watching the video so I’ll take your word for it

Battle damage does add up, but Jon looks worse in almost every aspect of his game; strength, grappling, takedowns, confidence, speed, etc.

Not to mention that maybe everyone is doing it, but Jon while one of the richest guys on the roster, constantly gets caught, really makes you think the level of shit hes on. Surely if the rest of the roster can not get caught, he would have no issues keeping that under wraps? Unless hes either extremely stupid, or hes taking that stronggg good shit.

Again, my argument is not that Jones has never taken anything, and I'm no steroid expert so I dont know how strong certain ones are to others.

My main argument is this. 99% of these guys are on performance enhancers, and anyone who singles out Jones, pretends that the other "GOAT" candidates have never taken a performance enhancer are just blatant salty haters.

Bisping and Diaz bros are the probably 2 of a handful of guys who have never taken anything.

Again, my argument is not that Jones has never taken anything, and I'm no steroid expert so I dont know how strong certain ones are to others.

My main argument is this. 99% of these guys are on performance enhancers, and anyone who singles out Jones, pretends that the other "GOAT" candidates have never taken a performance enhancer are just blatant salty haters.

Bisping and Diaz bros are the probably 2 of a handful of guys who have never taken anything.

And my argument wasnt that hes the only one that takes shit, but that he must be taking hella strong or some new shit to get caught that many times while other guys with nowhere near the resources as him dont get caught. That, or hes just really dumb.

And my argument wasnt that hes the only one that takes shit, but that he must be taking hella strong or some new shit to get caught that many times while other guys with nowhere near the resources as him dont get caught. That, or hes just really dumb.

I can't speak to Jones' intelligence outside of the cage, though he's certainly made some idiotic decisions in the past.

In the cage though, 13 years of fighting legends and killers. Never lost, never finished. Not once.

He's the best we've ever seen, along with Fedor and Silva.

Better fighters? I do not believe the Reyes and Volkans could beat Gus Rampage Machida Rashad DC. They might have done well in the early days during Tito’s run but 2008 - 2015 they barely crack top 10.

Thiago is not big it’s gotta be Jon just isn’t as fearless as he used to be he used to get hit and still dive in to clench with his opponent then throw him now he’s gets hit it and eases up a bit.

Also Jon looked outstanding in the smith fight despite not finishing him.

The car crash theory is nice but couldn't you argue that his body is just wearing out from years and years of hard training? Wrestling is notorious for destroying the body over time.

Great post, just not sure if the car crash is the cause of the theorized back injury.

Well, I came up with the back injury theory earlier, and when people noted the time the decline seemed to occur, I noticed it was when the car crash happened.

Yeah it could just be from training. That's what happened to Fedor, decades of fighting/training and his back got worse and worse.

But a very minor car crash can misalign things and put you on the road toward chronic pain, so I think it's worth consideration as a possibility. All speculation, of course, but then again if Sherdog outlawed speculation the site wouldn't exist.

Back