Right Hook nut shot

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Lots of tape on Jones
More well rounded bigger and athletic LHW's
Jones has to play it safe

Steroids. The reason is steroids.

He has always looked mediocre when facing a tall, lengthy fighter as well.
This is why he hides at LHW.

More like not on the ......

giphy.gif

Lmao I love how these threads get shut down with facts within the first few posts.

lol clean jon would get cucked by DC 10 out of 10 times.. he can only win with the help of judges nowadays. I'd even wager that if he were clean for the Glover fight he would have lost that one too

lol clean jon would get cucked by DC 10 out of 10 times.. he can only win with the help of judges nowadays. I'd even wager that if he were clean for the Glover fight he would have lost that one too

<PlusJuan>

<36><36><36>

Jon Jones the only champ to go 0-27 on sherdog

Yes it steroids is a possibly. New lhw being taller, well rounded and bigger might have something to do with it. I dont even think Jones on roids would have been prepared for Reyes footwork based gameplan. Jones will probably win the rematch by decision

Steroids. The reason is steroids.

He has always looked mediocre when facing a tall, lengthy fighter as well.
This is why he hides at LHW.
Yea all those tall lanky strikers in the top 5 like derrick lewis, DC and Blaydes

{<jordan}

lmao, we know the reason...

Yea all those tall lanky strikers in the top 5 like derrick lewis, DC and Blaydes

{<jordan}

Blaydes, and Lewis both tall guys with long reach. Lewis would get whooped by Jones though no doubt. Those guys arent well rounded like Reyes, and possibly Thiago, Not quit sure since Jones never tried to take him down

people saying steroids, you honestly think Jon isn't still doing whatever he wants? this is jon fucking jones.

Jones game isn't evolving.

His wrestling and clinch are excellent but his takedowns and clinch entries are not up to par anymore.

His boxing is bad always has been and has never improved. his defense relies on his size/reach/reflexes with his durability and calm under fire to fall back on. Anytime someone is willing to go after Jones they can hit him these days. His last three opponents have all landed head kicks on him and landed strikes while he was retreating and landed good counters on him. Yes, even Anthony Smith did these these things in between getting the shit kicked out of him.

his striking offense is good and he's creative but there is enough tape on him to where it's becoming predictable. and he's pretty risk averse nowadays so he's not as willing to just let that shit go.

Jon is an incredible talent and if he was with a better camp he could still be improving, but he's stagnating and just riding on his talent and the game he's built up. but that game is being slowly chipped away. Still going to be hard to beat him. You have to either knock him out or shut him out Usman/Woodley style because you aren't winning a competitive decision.

Hate Jon's guts but I can at least admit his opposition was on gear too. Most athletes in the UFC are. At this point the whole USADA program has been scouted. You have fighters on EPO for the length of a career before one is caught who was on the outs with the boss. Another caught with a full IV on video before anything was done.

You have girls that could compete at the world's CrossFit games and walk around looking like Yoel. Some have bodies that you can only get if you are an idiot when taking test as a female. There's been like over 1500 tests and how many pop? A handful.

Is Jon still on shit? Yeah. Is his opposition? Yeah. Make peace with that.

USADA isn't there to catch anybody. They are incompetent, cherry pick and don't do expensive tests like for EPO. USADA is there so if some jacked up freak takes a bit too much and rips a limb off or opens up an opponent's head in search of prizes Congress doesn't ban the sport. No other reason.

My theory -- developed over the course of...today....is that Jones HURT HIS BACK in his FAMOUS CAR CRASH

Hear me out. He doesn't wrestle like he used to. Like Fedor stopped wrestling due to an injured back, so has Jones. He hasn't announced it because, why would he? That would just tell his opponents something. Instead he became a striking-oriented fighter instead of wrestling oriented.

And his wrestling isn't as good because he doesn't train it, because his back hurts. He can still wrestle, it's just harder for him to do so and he's getting more and more out of practice. His fights are going the distance because he used to ground and pound his opponents, but now he doesn't take them down to get in position to do so.

People have pointed out his decline between Cormier I and OSP. That's when he had his car crash. Even a minor injury can mean a lot to your back. Jones was on coke and didn't feel a thing, but later on realized his back was out of whack. He stopped doing as much wrestling training then and his skills declined. Without his wrestling, he's not the well-rounded fighter he used to be, but his striking is still good. He just doesn't use the takedown threat like he used to, so overall he's much less effective.

Still effective enough to get a monster head kick on Cormier in the rematch, and beat everyone else. But it's looking more and more difficult for him, more and more fights are going the distance, and it's because his back is in pain.

Maybe its because the average age of the fighters he has been fighting lately is overall lower?

He beat a lot of top guys that were at the tail end of their careers. Smith and Reyes are both younger than him. Santos is older.

DC, Gus, OSP, Machida, Sonnen, Texiera, Belfort, Evans, Rampage, Shogun, Bader, all are older than him. Really only gus is close in age. MMA is a young man's sport and most of the tops guys he fought are 5+ years older than him or older.

Back