Gonzaga vs Cain

CannonsHeel

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Gonzaga is almost undefeated since returning to the UFC, except for his "loss" to Browne's blatantly illegal elbows.

Gonzaga has challenged for the title before to a fighter with a similar style to Cain, Randy Couture. Gonzaga would have won that fight IMO if it weren't for Couture's headbutt which broke his nose (illegal move but uncalled).

Gonzaga has deadly KO power and a wicked BJJ game that would pose a threat to Cain's main strength, his wrestling.

I think Gonzaga is due for a title shot before he retires, and he could beat Cain.

Discuss.

(A mod could add a poll if he'd like, but this is fight night so I'm not going to go an PM for something that will be off the front page pretty quickly).

So the guy that got UD'd against Schaub is beating Cain. Naw, bro.

Beating up Shawn Jordan is one thing, Cain is a next level shit.

Gonzaga is almost undefeated since returning to the UFC, except for his "loss" to Browne's blatantly illegal elbows.

Gonzaga has challenged for the title before to a fighter with a similar style to Cain, Randy Couture. Gonzaga would have won that fight IMO if it weren't for Couture's headbutt which broke his nose (illegal move but uncalled).

Gonzaga has deadly KO power and a wicked BJJ game that would pose a threat to Cain's main strength, his wrestling.

I think Gonzaga is due for a title shot before he retires, and he could beat Cain.

Discuss.

(A mod could add a poll if he'd like, but this is fight night so I'm not going to go an PM for something that will be off the front page pretty quickly).

I happen to agree with you sir, Gonzaga has all the essential tools to beat any heavyweight fighter. We've seen him pull off one of the best upsets in the history of mma as well.

To think he's still getting better is scary, I hope they give him a good match up because I believe he can beat guys like Josh barnett, and Travis browne if given a rematch.

I stopped reading at "Gonzaga is almost undefeated".

Man, I'm a big GG fan but he doesn't have a prayer. He may provide an interesting challenge if only his chin were better.

This fight would end with Gonzaga in a puddle of exhaustion midway through round two... a hairy, sasquatch puddle of exhaustion.

His 'stache is out-fucking-standing.

Discuss.

You are on a roll tonight. Arguably the two worst P4P threads of the night.

I love Gabe as much as the next guy but he'd get smoked. That said, he deserves a chance to climb up the ranks.

You are on a roll tonight. Arguably the two worst P4P threads of the night.

I take my lead from the master : a white belt like you cannot compare with my posting skills

"If you’re not willing to go too far, you will never go far enough in life. And I don’t care. I don’t promote fights; I pick fights. I’m like Jon Jones, I sound like Sean Combs, and I got trombone-sized stones like John Holmes." - Chael P. Sonnen

I disagree sir. Cain is much like a younger, harder hitting Randy, and we know what the old man did to He-of-man-bear-and-boar.

I happen to agree with you sir, Gonzaga has all the essential tools to beat any heavyweight fighter. We've seen him pull off one of the best upsets in the history of mma as well.

To think he's still getting better is scary, I hope they give him a good match up because I believe he can beat guys like Josh barnett, and Travis browne if given a rematch.

This made me lol....... I love Napao but no way beats Barnett....EVER...I'd give him Bigfoot/Hunt winner next

Napao has power in his hands and feet and can rip a limb off if he wants.

Back