Gomi vs. Sanchez!

HawkBrah

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Was just browsing through the list of UFC events on wikipedia and find out Takanori Gomi is going to fight Diego Sanchez on UFC on Fuel TV: Silva vs. Stann.

I am fricken psyched for this fight. Neither fighter is ever boring to watch and always brings it, especially Diego. How do you guys think this fight will fare?

I think Diego's relentlessness will get the best of Gomi and either grind him out for a decision or late TKO. However, i'm not counting Gomi out, seeing as he floored Tyson Griffin with one punch, he could catch Diego if he decided to blitz Gomi.

Rooting for Gomi of course, (Pride never die) but this fight is a toss up, Diego is better at 155, a cardio freak who is just tough as nails.

Gomi.jpg

good assumption so far, a very close fight. Flip a coin thats whos going to win, but I do favour Diego here, good cardio, wrestling, tough as hell probably grinding out a decision. Wouldn't be surprised if Gomi blasts him away also, betters stay away lol

I hate that fight, wish they'd given Gomi something more winnable against a veteren like Sherk or something. Dude has a punchers chance, but that's about it.

Rooting for Gomi of course, (Pride never die) but this fight is a toss up, Diego is better at 155, a cardio freak who is just tough as nails.

http://www.mmalinker.com/wiki/images/6/62/Gomi.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Diego looked much better at 155 than he did at 170. imo, his best fights were at LW. Not to mention he is bigger than most LW's, so he's strong as hell at that weight class too.

His legs were huge in his fight vs BJ (no homo)

Agreed, Diego looked much better at 155 than he did at 170. imo, his best fights were at LW. Not to mention he is bigger than most LW's, so he's strong as hell at that weight class too.

His legs were huge in his fight vs BJ (no homo)

bj-penn-diego-sanchez.jpg

Now that you bring it up, they were pretty big.

damn

Diego has a good chin and I don't think even a flush Fireball could drop him at this stage of Gomi's career. Granted; he looked better against Danzig, but the old Gomi of the past puts Mac to sleep.

I don't think gomi could handle a nightmare in his face for 15 mins
This is gonna be a good fight but expect vintage Diego to show up
Lose the first round dominate the next 2
Love this fight

both guys are pretty close to damaged goods status. either Diego by cardio or Gomi by facial bustup-ery.

Head says Sanchez but heart says Gomi. I love watching both guys but rooting for a 1st round KO for the Fireball Kid.

Looking forward to this, hope Gomi takes it.

Rooting for Gomi, but Sanchez is horrible fucking match-up for him. And Gomi seems way more over the hill anyway.

i think it is a cool fight, with some advantage to sanchez

Gomi, to me anyway, is the greatest LW fighter of all time! When he was on his roll in Pride he was unstoppable. The way he mixed up his striking in those days was picture perfect and imo at the time, had the hardest punches p4p! Always root for Gomi no matter what!

great fight,Diego by UD

though I'm rooting for Gomi

I think a lot of people (especially Gomi fans) will be dissapoint here.

I see this going down like Guida vs. Gomi. Like Guida, Sanchez has the wrestling, pace and cardio to wear Gomi down. He also has a great chin--he was able to stand with WWs like Ellenberger and Kampmann and not get KO'd. At LW, Diego is a very solid fighter. Unless he has a really bad weight cut or hidden injury or something, it's his fight to lose.

Gotta go with diego, guys relentless, has a hell of a chin and I dont know if gomi will be able to ko diego in the first, we will see, very exciting fight nonetheless.

Back