Gomi is finished.

We've known this for a long time...

If you're ever feeling low TS you can re-live some of his past glorys on UFCs awesome Fightpass service.

But why has this happened? Is it the age factor? Is it not having the hometown advantage? The love and pride of a nation behind you. Maybe he lost his passion and just fights for money now.
Maybe because hes had like 40 fights and is in his late 30s? You new to combat sports?

"sad watching Gomi"

look everyone, another noob byatch pretending to have been around during the pride Era.

I still believe ....
gomi-ko-power-o.gif

Happens to the best of them! He has a couple good fights left in him, just keep him away from the JIm Millers of the world

What else is he gonna do? be an accountant?
Why not, he IS asian after all

my god, some people think these guys can fight forever lol. lots of guys currently fighting shouldn't be. it's not as much about them, as it is emerging fighters being younger and better skilled than the last generation.

Yeah I think he's been done for a while. Maybe a rematch with BJ and they both retire.

with all due respect to a legend of the sport, and the longtime clear #2 LW in the world behind Penn, Gomi has been done for years now. He has looked mediocre (at best) during pretty much his entire UFC run, beating no one of consequence.

I don't generally say "I hope he retires", but...other than pay cheques, I'm not sure what is left for Gomi in the UFC, unless he wants to fight guys outside the top 10 or so (but that isn't going to make him much coin).

(no disrespect with the av...I've had it for quite a while)

It's always sad when a great fighter start to decay.

When fighting is all you got left to make some money, you going to keep fighting for that check. Can't believe he's still in the UFC.

Are you insane? He's done.

Keep him from fighting anyone in the top 20 and there's lots of fighters he could still beat. He still has power he just needs easier fights....he's not 80 like Saku. 3 fight losing streak big deal

I don't know what is taking so long for Dana to cut cans like Gomi and Akiyama.

Such a waste of money and roster space.

If the new owners are business savvy, they will drop them like a bad habit yesterday.

We knew he was finished when he got dropped by that grappler. He still won but you knew it was borrowed time from now on. He knew it himself, he said he kept fighting for his fans mostly.

Now's the time fireball dude. Enjoy your booze.

I don't know what is taking so long for Dana to cut cans like Gomi and Akiyama.

Such a waste of money and roster space.

If the new owners are business savvy, they will drop them like a bad habit yesterday.

They still have value on cards in Japan. I'm surprised they booked Gomi for Vegas for this last appearance.

They still have value on cards in Japan. I'm surprised they booked Gomi for Vegas for this last appearance.

There was one UFC in Japan last year.

And one in Korea.

That's hardly enough of a reason to keep high priced wash ups like them on the roster.

There was one UFC in Japan last year.

And one in Korea.

That's hardly enough of a reason to keep high priced wash ups like them on the roster.

Akiyama hasn't even fought. He isn't costing them anything. Either way, doesn't matter to me. I'm still more interested in watching either of them than some of these washouts they continually bring in. Every new, young fighter isn't the next coming of Melvin Manhoef.

Back