Gomi can out-box Pulver

GoldenDragon said:
pulver is now a pro-boxer. his boxing is light years ahead of everyone in his division, and p4p he is leagues ahead of eveyr other mma fighter in terms of boxing.
someone better go and tell bang ludwig, maybe he didn't know that when he dropped pulver like 9 year old schoolgirl :rolleyes:

GoldenDragon said:
lol r u serious? pulver by ko in the first. zambidis doesnt have the skill, experience, or conditioning to go 4, 10, or 12 rounds with pulver.
bwaaaaHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
plz tell me you don't know who zambidis is, or you confused him with somebody else or something. even you can't be THAT stupid.
zambidis by KO 0:05 rd 1, dude. jesus christ, get a clue.

I dont think anyone at that weight can out box Pulver right now

Heath

Definately not. Pulver mangles people on the feet. Although gomi's standup isnt lacking in mma, when hes in there with jens it most definately is. Even if his boxing is good enough to hang with jens, why would he? He would be much better off getting the takedown than risk getting KTFO from one punch...after all, jens hits like a fucking truck.

BuZuS said:
someone better go and tell bang ludwig, maybe he didn't know that when he dropped pulver like 9 year old schoolgirl :rolleyes:
I dont even think bang qualifies as an mma fighter. He said, p4p IN MMA Jens is a better boxer than everyone, I think bang is more or less a K1 fighter who fights a few times in MMA against other standup fighters. Look what happened when he fought BJ penn, it looked like he didnt even know what BJJ stood for.

Bang counts as an MMA fighter in my mind. He did KO Jens with little trouble, if you saw that fight then you know what Im talking about. Bang took Pulvers head off with one striaght punch, Jens crumbled, Pulver can be beat by strikers, but right now he is a top stiker in 155. Maybe he cant take Bang but Im sure he can handle Gomi standing. On the ground is a different story, BJ had Jens almost beat on the ground, I think Gomi can get the TKO, which sucks cause I wanna see Jens come back to the top but I dont think Gomi is the best way to get there

GoldenDragon said:
lol r u serious? pulver by ko in the first. zambidis doesnt have the skill, experience, or conditioning to go 4, 10, or 12 rounds with pulver.
Now your just being foolish. Zambidis would own Pulver. You obviously don't know much about Zambidis do you...

Sorry for my long absence from the thread i started -- posted it in the morning here, and am not back home from work.

Yes, I know that Jens is a pro boxer with a 4-0 record -- I'm not challenging his skills. Rather, I'm saying that people don't realize that Gomi has been boxing since he was 6 years old -- longer than he's been grappling -- and he can hang with very good pro boxers here (of course, Japan doesn't have many higher-weight boxers, but the lower-weight ones are much faster than Pulver).

I believe that Gomi can beat Jens stand up or on the ground. Anyone that disagrees is entitled to their opinion -- we'll see how it plays out in about three weeks.

Oh, and a 4-0 record in boxing is nothing to get worked up about -- it's not anything like going 4-0 in MMA. Pro boxers get padded records as they build themselves up to get the big paycheck -- I know a few pro boxers in the US, and these guys are like 12-1 or 15-2, but the wins are against jouyneymen. I don't know what caliber of opponent Jens has beat, but c'mon -- 20-0 boxers are a dime a dozen; you'd never (or very rarely) find a record even close to that in kickboxing or MMA.

Don't assume that 4-0 means the guy can dominate anyone in Pride in standup. Gomi can take him out.

man, im cumin in my pants over this one. i'd love to see the winner versus bj, but i think bj will probably fight at ww or mw from now on.

Gomi could very well KO Pulver

Pulvers chin is decent but Gomis chin is steel and he has enough power to KO Pulver if he connects.. but he would be much better of taking it to the ground

and LMAO @ the guys who think Jens would stand more than a snowballs chance in hell against Mike Zambidis

*RedDevil* said:
People like golden dragon piss me off... boxing in MMA rules and queensbury rules or whatever they are called are completely diofferent, the best MMA boxers will beat actual boxers with their fists in an MMA ring, i bet fedor would own lots of boxers with his striking, he will come in with his big hands and take them down, can;t take down in boxing and so fedors game wouldn;t work, boxing is overated.

Pulver is a professional boxers now. His hands are light years ahead of Gomi's.

Gomi wouldn't even stand with Crazy Horse Bennet after he said he would.

Gomi has nowhere near the same standup as Pulver.

Sure Gomi might be better all-around, but in the standup? no way.

Gomi's stand up didn't look all that when he was fighting Bennett. And all Crazy Horse did was throw that same right hook from the hip.
Pulver > Gomi in the stand up.

While I don't doubt the high ability of Gomi, I think that Jens will take the win. His hands are awesome - check out his H/L video in P&M if you want some evidence. Aside from Fedor Vs. Nog this is going to be the fight of the night for me

who is going to be the first one to be injured before or during the fight... I guarantee it

Yes I think Pulver has better skill standing, but what the real issue here is who has the better chin and can take punches. I can't see Pulver taking multiple blows from Gomi standing as Ludwig exploited that scenario. With that said a lot of people don't realize that Gomi's hands are heavy. Source: BJ Penn Outcome: Gomi KO GnP round ??? To much all around skill by Gomi.

Back