GOMAD + Conditioning Questions

destrukt0

White Belt
Reaction score
So I've been looking around at ways to gain mass and I keep hearing (well, seeing) people on Sherdog talking about GOMAD. I did some researched and it seems like a good way to gain mass quickly but I don't like the idea of drinking a gallon of whole milk a day because of the fat. I was wondering if GOMAD would work (obviously not as well but work well enough) with skim milk or 1% milk. If not and I am to go down the true whole milk GOMAD route how would that go with my conditioning?

I go to 3 classes a week, and I usually lift 2 days a week, I jog/do my own training outside of class roughly 2 days a week.

After researching it I didn't see anything about doing GOMAD with cardio, just lifting heavy and gaining mass which makes sense.

Now, I'm 5'7 170lbs and I'm wanting to get to 205-210 but I'm wanting to do that without looking like Butterbean. If I were to incorporate GOMAD with a healthy diet, lot's of HIIT/Cardio and heavy lifting would benefit me at all in gaining that mass without looking like I have titties?

Thanks ahead of time.

You read threads here and want to gain mass,yet you're afraid of fat?

Well I was hoping for a way to gain the mass without excessive fat, like I don't mind being slightly chubby but I haven't seen any before and after pics of people using GOMAD so I don't know what to expect really.

Don't worry about the bodyfat, worry about getting stronger and bigger. The fat can come off later easily. I have been doing GOMAD with 2% for about a month and recently switched to whole. So far, I have been getting more gains with whole. For me, the extra milk and bodyfat accumulation hasn't affected my conditioning much. Skim milk is a watery, depressing substance that is much less effective for weight gain. Don't worry about the dietary fat because your main goal is calories+adequate protein. More calories=better in regards to weight gain.

Don't worry about the bodyfat, worry about getting stronger and bigger. The fat can come off later easily. I have been doing GOMAD with 2% for about a month and recently switched to whole. So far, I have been getting more gains with whole. For me, the extra milk and bodyfat accumulation hasn't affected my conditioning much. Skim milk is a watery, depressing substance that is much less effective for weight gain. Don't worry about the dietary fat because your main goal is calories+adequate protein. More calories=better in regards to weight gain.

Thank you for this post. This is pretty much what I was looking to hear.

I just bought 2% this morning, I guess I'll finish it off before switching over to whole milk.

What gains have you achieved so far?

Thank you for this post. This is pretty much what I was looking to hear.

I just bought 2% this morning, I guess I'll finish it off before switching over to whole milk.

What gains have you achieved so far?

I put on about 7 pounds in a little under 6 weeks. But I am also doing intense wrestling twice a week which has definitely impeded my weight gain. I feel that I would have put on a few more pounds if I had been drinking whole milk the first month.

Ah ok, I'm going to be extremely active, not only that but I walk pretty much 3-4 hours a day at work and according to myfitnesspal I burn 780 calories just at work. That's why I was looking for a way to gain mass fast and remembered this GOMAD everyone talked about.

I can definitely see it coming into use I just need to eat a LOT of food hand-in-hand with all of this milk.

It doesn't help that I'm lactose-intolerant but I don't really want to be popping lactose pills a few times a day.

I'm going to try this out and see how it goes.

Thanks.

A lot of the nutrients that make milk a good food for gaining are connected to the fat content in one way or another. Whole milk all the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back