GOMAD and bacne

epletull

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Recently I've tried going on the GOMAD "diet" for the purpose of gaining weight, nothing else have changed in my daily routine, but for some reason I've gotten some bacne recently.
I tried doing a search for it but mostly led me to Sonnen threads :(

Anyways, could it be the GOMAD doing it?
As mentioned, the daily routines are the same and I've never gotten bacne from sups earlier.
By the way, 28 years of age and never ever been troubled with bacne in my whole life.

The weightlifting routine is the same and shower after workouts so it's not like I'm a lazy sweaty bastard :)

EDIT: I assume it's the GOMAD, was just wondering if I'm the only one who have experienced this issue

Last edited:
So shortly after starting GOMAD you devolped bacne and nothing else in your life has changed, and you wonder if they might be related? Not trying to sound like an ass, just seems kind of obvious.

It's the milk. Increased testosterone.

It'll go away once you get off it though.

yeah, maybe poory worded by me there
I assume it's the GOMAD causing it, I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced the same :)

thanks, was just what I needed to hear... As of yesterday I'm off GOMAD for the stupid reason that my frigde died and it's a hassle going to the store every couple of hours to buy milk :icon_chee

yeah, maybe poory worded by me there
I assume it's the GOMAD causing it, I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced the same :)

I see, no I haven't experienced that. Though I still get some acne on my face and a little bit on the chest/back too. That was before using GOMAD though.

Yeah, I get some in the face from time to time... but then again, mostly everybody get some now and then... oh well, it's winter and I'm covered up most of the time anyways :icon_chee

well, thanks for the input, now off to work :icon_cry2

thanks, was just what I needed to hear... As of yesterday I'm off GOMAD for the stupid reason that my frigde died and it's a hassle going to the store every couple of hours to buy milk :icon_chee

I did it for 3 weeks or so, I just bought a whole weeks worth each time.

If you do decide on going back to GOMAD at some point I have this advice.

Use Dawn Dish soap to clean the affected areas. Its a cheap easy way to remove alot of the extra grime and oil from the skin. Do this several times a day. If you can't get a full shower you can wipe the area with Oxypads and such or if you're cheap, rubbing alcohol on a cosmetic cleanign pad(a sleeve of 200 is like $1.98)or cotton ball.

Thanks for the replies guys... Will see if it just goes away now that I'm off the GOMAD, if not I will try those advices :icon_lol:

just in case someone else experience what I did and do a search for bacne here:
8 days after I quit GOMAD the bacne is gone, still drinking milk though, but only 1-2 litres a day :rolleyes:

just in case someone else experience what I did and do a search for bacne here:
8 days after I quit GOMAD the bacne is gone, still drinking milk though, but only 1-2 litres a day :rolleyes:

Way to give up on GOMAD because of some pimples.

The acne is not from increased testosterone. It's caused by an autoimmune reaction from the milk. Your body is irritated by the increased diary consumption, and the acne is a sign of that. This is a common occurrence, and is highly dependent on genetic heritage. Some people have a high tolerance for dairy, but you're probably not one of them.

The acne is not from increased testosterone. It's caused by an autoimmune reaction from the milk. Your body is irritated by the increased diary consumption, and the acne is a sign of that. This is a common occurrence, and is highly dependent on genetic heritage. Some people have a high tolerance for dairy, but you're probably not one of them.

There isn't a definitive answer on this subject as enough research hasn't been done but DHT (broken down from testosterone) is thought to trigger acne.

Your answer and mine aren't mutually exclusive.

There isn't a definitive answer on this subject as enough research hasn't been done but DHT (broken down from testosterone) is thought to trigger acne.

Your answer and mine aren't mutually exclusive.

Sorry; I didn't mean to say that testosterone or its metabolites can't cause acne, but that in the OP's case, since he didn't change anything except his milk intake, an autoimmune response is far more likely.

There's no way to be completely sure without some blood work.

Back