Golovkin tells Canelo NO to 155lbs catchweight, says it shows no respect to boxing

Despite what Seano and I guess to a lesser extent PUO3 says, the majority of people agree that this is a joke. In an age with so many belts and promotiona differences, this lineal shit is stupid.

It is clear that GGG has cleaned out the division outside of fighters who refuse to fight him, Saunders and Cotto who flat out ran away and refuse, and Canelo being a little bitch behind a catch weight.

Since almost everyone on here agrees, outside of 2 stubborn minded people who feel they always need to be right, it is likely reflective of boxing fans in general. Visiting boxing instagrams, other forums, and media outlets supports this.
Lol. Ok.

Let me ask you a question, and this goes for anyone, do you really think professional athletes care if theyre making the best decisions from the fans perspective in regards to their careers?

Didnt like Cotto holding it hostage and dont like Canelo holding it hostage.

I simply dont get involved in pretending that politics and draw power dont run boxing. They do. They always will. The draw will call the shots.

You are over estimating Canelo as a big draw. Despite what he wants, he will look bad for this. Which as I said, if already reflected in most boxing communities.
His numbers say that I am not over estimating anything.

Youre trying to fling shit my direction claiming Im backing this when I very clearly said I dont support it.

No, please show me where I say you support this fight. Paranoid delusion much?

I said you are overestimating him as a main draw, and underestimating that this will make him look bad. You say you understand the politics, and don't think it will hurt his image.

At the moment, it clearly will, if he doesn't take the fight. It is clear that a lot of fans are calling duck, bullshit, a joke, distracting the MS belt, etc.

And I said you to a lesser extent than Seano, cause he is acting like the fact he is the lineal champ, that he is the man. Most people acknowledge GGG is the one who cleaned out the division, and is fighting middle weights. Canelo is fighting JMWs and WWs at 155.

No, please show me where I say you support this fight. Paranoid delusion much?

I said you are overestimating him as a main draw, and underestimating that this will make him look bad. You say you understand the politics, and don't think it will hurt his image.

At the moment, it clearly will, if he doesn't take the fight. It is clear that a lot of fans are calling duck, bullshit, a joke, distracting the MS belt, etc.

And I said you to a lesser extent than Seano, cause he is acting like the fact he is the lineal champ, that he is the man. Most people acknowledge GGG is the one who cleaned out the division, and is fighting middle weights. Canelo is fighting JMWs and WWs at 155.
Its clear you dont read my posts before making silly comments about them, but try reading your own.

Despite what Seano and I guess to a lesser extent PUO3 says, the majority of people agree that this is a joke. In an age with so many belts and promotiona differences, this lineal shit is stupid.

Since almost everyone on here agrees, outside of 2 stubborn minded people who feel they always need to be right, it is likely reflective of boxing fans in general.

I, very clearly, said I do not agree with Canelo holding the title hostage at a catchweight. Yet you lump me in as someone who is defending that decision.

Further, I also never said it wouldnt hurt his image. I questioned if pro athletes give a shit what the fans want, moreso than what is best/safest for their careers. They dont.

And if I am overestimating Canelo as a main draw please list all of the larger draws in boxing currently.

"lineal shit is stupid." :rolleyes:
So lets ignore how its been done for all of boxing's history so that we can all pretend Golovkin is truly the champ and not canelo. Who cares if Canelo beat the actual champ of the division? Lets all declare Golovkin to be the boxing forum champ and ignore whats always been done in boxing.

If we were talking about anyone but Golovkin, this entire forum would be bitching about how many belts there are.

I, very clearly, said I do not agree with Canelo holding the title hostage at a catchweight. Yet you lump me in as someone who is defending that decision.
I actually said I didn't care one way or the other so long as both fighters agreed and also said it was unnecessary. Golovkin is one of those fighters who fans get all wrapped up in personally. Neither of us said what cottagecheeseass said we said.

Reminds me a lot of when Pacmania first started and everyone patrolled the forum for what they perceived as negative comments about Pac.

The worst I said was that Golovkin probably shouldn't walk into negotiation thinking they are going to call the shots and tell Canelo how its going to be. Canelo has endless options. No one gives a shit about fighting Golovkin. He brings nothing to the table to tell a guy like Canelo how things will go.

They agreed on a tune up before sitting down to negotiate a fight for after, if Canelo refuses to fight a full MW its a DUCK end of story tbh. All the other shit about having more options, being more popular, all the this and that doesnt really matter fact is it will be a big DUCK.

They agreed on a tune up before sitting down to negotiate a fight for after, if Canelo refuses to fight a full MW its a DUCK end of story tbh. All the other shit about having more options, being more popular, all the this and that doesnt really matter fact is it will be a big DUCK.
Golovkin was willing to fight Mayweather at 154. Why not Canelo at 155?

Like I said, I really don't care one way or the other about catch weights, but you guys are dreaming if you think Golovkin isn't going to have to make concessions to get that fight. Golovkin is the b side. The guy couldn't even sell 100k PPVs, he has pretty much 0 options. Canelo on the other hand, could outsell Golovkin if he fought Ishe Smith at 200 pounds.

Canelo doesn't need Golovkin. This moral stand is going to accomplish nothing other than us not getting to see the fight.

"lineal shit is stupid." :rolleyes:
So lets ignore how its been done for all of boxing's history so that we can all pretend Golovkin is truly the champ and not canelo. Who cares if Canelo beat the actual champ of the division? Lets all declare Golovkin to be the boxing forum champ and ignore whats always been done in boxing.

If we were talking about anyone but Golovkin, this entire forum would be bitching about how many belts there are.

Canelo is lineal and Golovkin hasn't done enough to prove he's the man in the division even if he looks to be the best fighter, but neither fighter deserves to be looked at as the "real" champion at MW.

Golovkin was willing to fight Mayweather at 154. Why not Canelo at 155?.

Mayweather is a much bigger fight financially and for legacy. Mayweather is also tiny, so a drained GGG would have nothing to fear. Draining to fight Canelo, that carries way more risk.

He may have to do it, since Canelo is the bigger star. But his hesitation makes sense.

Canelo is lineal and Golovkin hasn't done enough to prove he's the man in the division even if he looks to be the best fighter, but neither fighter deserves to be looked at as the "real" champion at MW.
eh, I don't agree at all. Like I pointed out earlier, the lineal championship can be traced back to Bernard Hopkins. Its been won and lost in the ring since Taylor beat Hopkins, and like it or not, Canelo is part of that lineage. Golovkin isn't. That's all there is to it, really. Golovkin is a very good fighter, maybe even great. But he's not the champ of the MW division. He's a multiple title holder.

Golovkin was willing to fight Mayweather at 154. Why not Canelo at 155?

Like I said, I really don't care one way or the other about catch weights, but you guys are dreaming if you think Golovkin isn't going to have to make concessions to get that fight. Golovkin is the b side. The guy couldn't even sell 100k PPVs, he has pretty much 0 options. Canelo on the other hand, could outsell Golovkin if he fought Ishe Smith at 200 pounds.

Canelo doesn't need Golovkin. This moral stand is going to accomplish nothing other than us not getting to see the fight.
Simple Mayweather was in another division, Canelo is in the SAME division, and probably BIGGER than GGG.

I dont really care how many PPVs Canelo can sell, i also dont care if he doesnt need him. I dont care if you think he is still the champ after he gets stripped, it all still comes down to the fact he doesnt want to defend his MW belt against a full MW so he is ducking.

Simple Mayweather was in another division, Canelo is in the SAME division, and probably BIGGER than GGG.

I dont really care how many PPVs Canelo can sell, i also dont care if he doesnt need him. I dont care if you think he is still the champ after he gets stripped, it all still comes down to the fact he doesnt want to defend his MW belt against a full MW so he is ducking.
Canelo doesn't care what we think. He has a built in Mexican fan base and will never have to do anything to appease fans who wish Golovkin would get a shot.

eh, I don't agree at all. Like I pointed out earlier, the lineal championship can be traced back to Bernard Hopkins. Its been won and lost in the ring since Taylor beat Hopkins, and like it or not, Canelo is part of that lineage. Golovkin isn't. That's all there is to it, really. Golovkin is a very good fighter, maybe even great. But he's not the champ of the MW division. He's a multiple title holder.

The lineal champion is not always looked at as the man in the division. If it was, Andre Ward would the man in the LHW division (and Michalczewski instead of Roy back in the day). I agree that Golovkin isn't the champion at MW. No one deserves that distinction at the moment.

Canelo doesn't care what we think. He has a built in Mexican fan base and will never have to do anything to appease fans who wish Golovkin would get a shot.
Im not saying he does, it still doesnt change the fact that he is DUCKING him LOL. Do i really care? Not really, couldnt give a fuck, but unlike you i wont sit here and rattle off all the reasons why he doesnt need to do this and that when it all boils down to he is DUCKING him. Our lineal champ would rather drop the belt than fight a full MW, thats it really.

No one deserves that distinction at the moment.
I don't really see how you can say that. Canelo beat the man, who beat the man etc. I've never heard of that occurring and not recognizing that guy as the lineal champ of the division.

I don't really see how you can say that. Canelo beat the man, who beat the man etc. I've never heard of that occurring and not recognizing that guy as the lineal champ of the division.

He is lineal. I'm saying that we shouldn't always recognize the lineal champion as the real champion of this division. If that was the case, Roy Jones would have never been the real champion in the LHW division, and the real champion in the LHW division today would be Andre Ward.

Im not saying he does, it still doesnt change the fact that he is DUCKING him LOL. Do i really care? Not really, couldnt give a fuck, but unlike you i wont sit here and rattle off all the reasons why he doesnt need to do this and that when it all boils down to he is DUCKING him. Our lineal champ would rather drop the belt than fight a full MW, thats it really.
It depends on what happens. If GB makes offers and Canelo crosses his arms ands says "nope" to everything, then what can you say? Canelo will pass on him and Golovkin can go fight George Groves or something. We can't pretend the business aspect of the sport isn't real.

Back