Golovkin tells Canelo NO to 155lbs catchweight, says it shows no respect to boxing

busterwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

These Caneloweight demands need to stop. You have a 160lbs belt, it doesnt matter what you weigh but if you hold a middleweight title you better be defending it against guys who weigh 160lbs. Sergio Martinez did it when he was a 154lber defending against bigger guys.

He probably won't get the fight then. Canelo doesn't need Golovkin, Golovkin has no leverage in negotiation.

He probably won't get the fight then. Canelo doesn't need Golovkin, Golovkin has no leverage in negotiation.
Then canelo will have to drop the mw belt and be accused of ducking ggg and be stuck fighting at caneloweight.

That would be really wonderful for Canelo's legacy.

Cinnamon stands 5'7 and wasnt exactly a big puncher at 154. . He knows he cant hang with true middleweights. Its not disrespectful it's called being terrified

Cinnamon stands 5'7 and wasnt exactly a big puncher at 154. . He knows he cant hang with true middleweights. Its not disrespectful it's called being terrified

5'9, and I'd say he was a very good puncher at 154.

Canelo gave up 2 pounds to Floyd, so let's have GGG give up 2 pounds to Canelo. 158 is fair, and not as silly sounding as 155.

Oh.

Then canelo will have to drop the mw belt and be accused of ducking ggg and be stuck fighting at caneloweight.
Ya, Im sure there will be a shortage of guys wanting a crack at him.

The pressure that native mexicans that are in the same state of Kazajistan will pressure Canelo to take this fight. Triple G for the mexican people

Ya, Im sure there will be a shortage of guys wanting a crack at him.

Nope but everyone will give him sit about it. And I don't think canelo will like it. You must be OK with caneloweight huh ?

Nope but everyone will give him sit about it. And I don't think canelo will like it. You must be OK with caneloweight huh ?
Let me ask you a question, and this goes for anyone, do you really think professional athletes care if theyre making the best decisions from the fans perspective in regards to their careers?

Didnt like Cotto holding it hostage and dont like Canelo holding it hostage.

I simply dont get involved in pretending that politics and draw power dont run boxing. They do. They always will. The draw will call the shots.

Canelo is the "A" side and has earned the right to be a pussy.

Let me ask you a question, and this goes for anyone, do you really think professional athletes care if theyre making the best decisions from the fans perspective in regards to their careers?

I simply dont get involved in pretending that politics and draw power dont run boxing. They do. They always will. The draw will call the shots.

If they want to make the biggest paydays then they had better consider the fans.

Nah I don't think they care at all at the end of the day they put in the work and step in the ring. so I doubt they care what fans think of their career choices.

But I do feel canelo has a big ego and when the fans start saying he is scared of ggg or ducking him then he will want the fight. Even though I know canelo is not scared to fight him.

I just don't see him letting it go like floyd and pac.

Nah I don't think they care at all at the end of the day they put in the work and step in the ring. so I doubt they care what fans think of their career choices.

But I do feel canelo has a big ego and when the fans start saying he is scared of ggg or ducking him then he will want the fight. Even though I know canelo is not scared to fight him.

I just don't see him letting it go like floyd and pac.

canelo has all the time in the world, ggg is just posturing. he needs this fight now

The fans gave Floyd by far his biggest payday of his career against Manny, who the fans wanted him to fight for 7 years.
The fans gave that to Floyd.....? Weird.

Back