Golovkin and Sanchez Part Ways

And all the other people who left Sanchez?
There's only so much these guys can learn with Abel's methods, if they want to improve things Abel isn't working on.

Might be a bit of that and a bit of the money thing.

It’s common sense Golovkin was bothered by Abel’s comments, not just my thoughts but it’s what top trainers who have dealt with loads of fighters are also saying. They all say Abel being so outspoken may have crossed some lines. And it’s very visible, why?

Visualize it, new dude in a new country, your taken under a new trainers wing, brought into another culture and told you honor the principals of said culture, you start to embrace it and those fans start to take you in, as a fighter, and an individual you go on your journey with Mexican Style being part of your lifestyle in your current circumstances. Why? Because you shared 9 years of your life with Abel and surrounded by all these things. Just so in your toughest fight, where you were given an L and you thought you won the same man who lifted you and took you in as one of his own people goes around saying you didn’t do what you were told to do and he’s just glad another actual Mexican is a new champ that day. That my friend is a big Fuck you. And that my friend hurts...

But I have said it’s a mix of things and obviously with all these things that most certainly could have and probably did bother Golovkin it could be he knows nothing is going to be new, nothing is going to change, he needs to outlast the current contract and stick around, he lost with Abel so Abel has lost worth in Golovkins eyes all while giving Golovkin the middle finger and wiping his hands clean after the Canelo fight. Doesn’t matter if it was a while ago those things play a part almost any fighter woud be unhappy in this situation and a fallout should be expected.

Back